May 25, 2018, 04:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Year's Opportunist  (Read 1332 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 22, 2007, 03:31:12 PM »

I have no idea who this woman is; I'm assuming someone from American Idol or something like that.  Just love that they come right out and say the singer is "utilizing" NASCAR as a promotion and marketing vehicle.  Ugh...Bring back the days of country singers like Mark Chesnutt, Neil McCoy or Tracy Lawrence who Lou and I saw perform really good concerts at several races a few years ago.

From Insiderracingnews.com:

"Kelly Clarkson Signs Year-Long Deal With NASCAR
In a landmark collaboration bringing together two touchstones of American culture, superstar singer Kelly Clarkson has partnered with NASCAR for the 2007 season. With the deal, the largest and most comprehensive NASCAR has ever forged with an artist, the multi-platinum, Grammy-winning Clarkson will be integrated into all aspects of NASCAR, including an at-track concert, TV spot, charitable endeavors and the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Awards Ceremony.

The relationship will kick off on Sunday, Feb. 18 prior to the Daytona 500, where Clarkson will headline the Nextel Tribute To America live on FOX. The event salutes music as the fabric of America and will feature thousands of cast members on the Daytona International Speedway’s historic five-acre tri-oval area. During her appearance at Daytona, Clarkson will film a 30-second “NASCAR. How bad have you got it?” television spot that will combine footage of her Daytona 500 performance with actual race footage. Airing throughout the 2007 season on FOX, TNT, ABC, ESPN and SPEED, the spot will also feature a new song from Clarkson's hugely-anticipated third album, due mid-year.

NASCAR has developed advertising and at-track campaigns with artists including Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Leann Rimes and Sheryl Crow. The deal with Clarkson, however, is the culmination of a symbiotic model in which artists utilize the second most- watched sport in America as a marketing and promotional vehicle, while NASCAR attracts new fans by connecting with the artist’s base.

As part of the deal, Clarkson will also serve as spokesperson and ambassador for the fourth annual NASCAR Day on May 18, 2007. NASCAR Day is a one-day celebration of the NASCAR spirit that gives fans across the country a chance to show their support for the sport they love and help worthwhile causes. As part of her role as official spokesperson, Clarkson will appear in an ad campaign promoting NASCAR Day for The NASCAR Foundation. The ad will premiere during the 2007 Daytona 500.

Finally, Clarkson is scheduled to perform at the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series’ 27th annual Champion’s Awards Ceremony in New York City on Nov. 30, 2007. The awards ceremony honors the top drivers of the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series season and officially crowns the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Champion. The event will be broadcast live on ESPN."

Cheryl
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 06:38:05 PM »

The Official Singer of NASCAR. I'm still waiting for the Official Toilet Paper of NASCAR to hit the shelves in my local supermarket....

Makes me wonder further about something that was said in last week's chat about the "Official Lubricant of NASCAR"..... Evil

Lou

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 06:42:32 PM »

Kelly Clarkson won the first season of American Idol.  Her early music had a pop feel, but she has since developed a harder-edged rock sound.

By the way, if you don't like American Idol, I have to totally disagree.  I love watching the show, even the train wrecks of the auditions, and it's one of the few primetime shows on TV that everyone watches together.  But I don't know if that's your opinion.

I do agree that this is another sign that the "good ol' boys" are gone.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: