November 18, 2017, 04:51:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC Tribute to BP  (Read 473 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 19, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »

This is nice since they don't have any further NASCAR coverage in which to honor Benny. 

From Jayski:

"A special tribute to Benny Parsons to air during the Auto Show coverage Sunday on NBC: NBC Sports will present a two-hour special broadcast of the "International Auto Show" on Sunday beginning at 1:00pm/et. The show will feature exciting new production and concept vehicles unveiled for the first time at the 2007 North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The special will allow car lovers across the nation to step inside the most celebrated auto event in North America. NBC's Bill Weber hosts the "International Auto Show" on NBC, along with reporters Marty Snider, Lindsay Czarniak and CNBC automotive reporter Phil Lebeau. The broadcast will include sneak previews of some of the hottest new cars on the market.
As part of the "International Auto Show" broadcast, NBC will feature a special tribute to legendary broadcaster and 1973 NASCAR Winston Cup champion Benny Parsons, who passed away Tuesday after a battle with lung cancer. Weber, who worked alongside Parsons on NBC & TNT's NASCAR broadcasts for the past six years, will present the tribute.(NBC PR)(1-19-2007)"

cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 03:33:49 PM »

definitely cool. I'll try to catch it. Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 09:58:55 PM »

Thanks for that info, Cheryl.  I am gonna try my best to catch it.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »

I watch the Auto Show coverage yesteday and it was very well done.  Besides Bill Weber, they had Marty Snider and Lindsay Czarick (who does ARCA pit reporting), and some guy from CNBC.  Some really interesting concept cars including a new retro Carmaro (that I've seen pictures of before) and many alternative fuel vehicles from a variety of manufacturers.  Chevy has an electric/hybrid call the Volt coming out soon that wasn't near as butt-ugly as the electric cars we've seen from the Toy car company. 

The tribute to Benny was at the very end of the show and Bill did an excellent job narrating it.  There were many still shots of Benny starting with some baby pictures and one from when he was a very young man that I'd never seen before.  He was quite handsome and looked a lot more like his brother Phil because of light-colored hair back then.  They also had some video from the ESPN days with he and Ned Jarrett and some commentary from Benny from recent years.  Great job NBC!

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: