November 22, 2017, 12:01:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOX moves start time of 500  (Read 576 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: January 11, 2007, 06:52:56 PM »

USA Today reports FOX made Nascar move the start of the Daytona 500 to 3:15. Just one more reason I am losing interest.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:55:13 PM »

Thanks for posting that, Brian!  Someone mentioned this on the chat last night and we were all disgusted.  I said I'll have to turn my annual Daytona 500 Party into a slumber party now... Angry  It's just ridiculous!  And now they'll probably cut something short (such as post-race) if Fox is airing the Simpsons or something like that.  Ugh...

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:16:55 PM »

That is rediculous! Evil It will be cold and dark in Daytona before the race is over.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 07:23:46 PM »

That is rediculous! Evil It will be cold and dark in Daytona before the race is over.

We've learned over the last few years, that NA$CAR and TV don't care about the fans at the track... Sad

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

We've learned over the last few years, that NA$CAR and TV don't care about the fans at the track...

I appreciate that remark but you forgot to add that they don't care about what the tv fans think either. Grin
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 02:16:51 AM »

Actually this might be good. Nascar wants the coveted "casual fan" and stuff like this will soon make me a "casual fan"

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 10:15:12 PM »

The late start also leaves no time for the posting of unofficial results in case the race ended like it did last year, when Greg Biffle's last lap spin resulted in the delay of such results.  And heaven forbid if something like the crash that killed Dale Earnhardt in 2001 would happen this time.  Recall that year that Fox didn't even interrupt programming to tell us he died, instead it continued to air a cartoon called Futurama (anyone remember that?)

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: