November 21, 2017, 11:09:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daytona Testing Coverage on TV  (Read 660 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 03, 2007, 02:07:44 PM »

From Jayski:

"Speed to air Daytona testing shows; SPEED will begin its NASCAR season with coverage of NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing days on Jan. 8 at 7:00pm/et. The 30-minute highlight shows will feature testing coverage from the Nextel Cup Series, Busch Series and Craftsman Truck Series sessions at Daytona International Speedway, giving NASCAR fans their first looks at new drivers, new teams and new race cars. NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing shows on SPEED (subject to change; check local listings):
* Jan. 8 at 7pm/et - Nextel Cup Series testing
* Jan. 9 at 7pm/et - Nextel Cup Series testing
* Jan. 10 at 7pm/et - Nextel Cup Series testing
* Jan. 11 at 7pm/et - Testing highlight show
* Jan. 12 at 7pm/et - Craftsman Truck Series testing
* Jan. 14 at 6:30pm/et - Craftsman Truck Series testing
* Jan. 15 at 6:30pm/et - Nextel Cup Series testing
* Jan. 16 at 6:30pm/et - Nextel Cup Series testing
* Jan. 17 at 6:30pm/et - Nextel Cup Series testing
* Jan. 18 at 6:30pm/et - Testing highlight show
* Jan. 22 at 7pm/et - Busch Series testing
Beginning Jan. 29, SPEED also will cover NASCAR test sessions from Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
NASCAR testing coverage will lead into SPEED's 12-day Daytona Speedweeks program schedule, highlighted by LIVE coverage of the Gatorade Duels repeated in Prime Time, the Craftsman Truck Series season opener, the inaugural SPEED Performance Awards, the Bud Shootout Drawing, the ARCA season opener and the return of popular SPEED shows, including NASCAR RaceDay, Trackside, NASCAR Live!, Wind Tunnel, Tradin' Paint, NASCAR Performance, Inside Nextel Cup, NASCAR Victory Lane, The SPEED Report and the debut of the SPEED Road Tour Challenge.(speedtv.com PR)(1-3-2007)"

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:52 PM »

Thanks, Cheryl.  I didn't realize how close coverage was scheduled.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 08:10:39 PM »

Is the practice coverage they show in january more like a news show? Or is it something different?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 08:29:01 PM »

Is the practice coverage they show in january more like a news show? Or is it something different?

Well, it is tape-delayed until the evening, so I don't know.  Plus with Fox/Speed, there will be lots of commentary from their crew, so it will probably be more of a highlight show I'm sure.

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 12:45:52 AM »

In the past I think they've done like a recap show, so I'm assuming it'll be like that this year.

super61
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 11:49:01 PM »

it kinda views like happy hour coverage with everyone talking about tires, sponsors, jimmy johnson, why tony stewart and robbie gordon won't be there, toyota, sponsors,  and oh did i say sponsors///

Ken
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 12:01:24 AM »

Ken, can't forget those sponsors.  After all, they are in control of not only who drives for a team but for the number (28) as well now  police Just like the gestapo
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 01:38:03 PM »

I recorded the show last night in order to ff through commercials.  They had a very nice tribute and bio for Bobby Hamilton at the start.

John Roberts hosted and Jeff Hammond was live with him.  All they really did was show us a few shots of cars coming out on the track, a few quotes from Dave Blaney.  Then they showed a graphic of the testing speeds (which I'd already gotten off Jayski).  Granted the test was cancelled because of rain, but there really wasn't much coverage.  Then Larry Mac was showing us differences in the COT via taped feature.  They used a Chevy "Impala" which looked a bit better to me than some of the COT's we've seen so far.  He pointed out what I've been saying - that the wing is similar to what the Superbirds used back in the 70s.

Overall, it was a decent show to get your racing fix after so long.  More a general news show than covering the actual testing (which was okay with me).  I set a Season Pass on Tivo to record it every night, but not sure if I'll watch all of them or not.

Cheryl

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: