November 18, 2017, 08:52:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR Now Daily News Shows to Debut Feb 5th on ESPN2  (Read 441 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 10, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »

From Jayski:

"ESPN2’s NASCAR Now, ESPN’s first daily program dedicated solely to NASCAR news and information, will debut February 5 at 6:30pm/et. Starting February 18, NASCAR Now will also be aired Sundays at 10:00am/et. Erik Kuselias will serve as NASCAR Now host, giving up his role hosting ESPN Radio’s SportsBash (4:00-7:00pm M-F), but maintaining a fill-in role at ESPN Radio. For the week of February 12, NASCAR Now will originate from Daytona International Speedway. NASCAR Now’s Daytona coverage will include the Busch Series’ Daytona 300 on February 17, the first race on ESPN2. When NASCAR Now returns to Bristol (Connecticut, not Tennessee) Monday, Feb. 19, the show will originate from a high-tech, garage-like, HD studio. “We’re looking forward to providing NASCAR fans the latest news, analysis and opinion in the timeliest and best format -- HD -- six days a week,” said Jack Obringer, NASCAR Now coordinating producer. “Erik will elicit the best information from our team of NASCAR reporters, experts and insiders.” Kuselias will serve as the show’s spotter, navigating viewers through 30 minutes of highlights, opinion, debate, analysis, and the latest news from drivers, crew chiefs and insiders both on and off the track. NASCAR Now will also feature Busch Series news and fantasy elements. Additionally, joining the ESPN and ABC NASCAR team will be the front-tire changer for the #8 Budweiser Chevy D.J. Copp, who’ll lend pit-crew expertise as a NASCAR Now contributor. Kuselias will be joined by reporters, crew members, drivers and former drivers, allowing NASCAR Now to cover every angle of the sport. The NASCAR Now team will include:
Tim Brewer, two-time NASCAR Cup champion crew chief
Tim Cowlishaw, Dallas Morning News NASCAR writer and columnist
Marty Smith, NASCAR.com senior writer
Angelique S. Chengelis, Detroit News NASCAR writer and columnist
D.J. Copp, front tire changer on the #8 Budweiser Chevy
Shannon Spake, reporter for SPEED’s NASCAR Nation and Backseat Drivers host
Brad Daugherty, five-time NBA All-Star and former winning NASCAR team owner
NASCAR Now viewers will also benefit from frequent contributions by the ESPN / ABC NASCAR team including Rusty Wallace, Jerry Punch, Andy Petree, Allen Bestwick, Dave Burns, Jamie Little, Mike Massaro, Dale Jarrett andESPN Deportes’ NASCAR commentators Andrés Agulla and Alex Pombo.(ESPN PR)(1-10-2007)"

Absolutely never heard of this guy who's going to be host.  I thought it was suppose to be Brad Daugherty.  Looks to me like ESPN is now following the Fox model, by plugging in people already on the payroll to cover racing.  And we know how well that worked with Chris Meyers and Jeanne Zelasko...

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 08:13:20 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:06:10 PM »

Seems like a lot of 'casual' fans are getting some big opportunities in Nascar.  That is what Brian wants and obviously since all of us true veteran (both long time and short time) fans have not heard of a lot of these people or they are using fairly new to the sport type people, it just shows what is importand nowadays.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:20:44 PM »

I used to listen to Kuselias' show online when I worked at South Bay Vocational Center through the computers at work.  (Not to worry, I was given the OK. Smiley)  I don't remember him talking much about NASCAR at all, so I agree with Cheryl that this is a curious choice.

At least this show figures to be better than NASCAR Nation!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: