January 17, 2018, 11:10:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bobby Hamilton Sr.  (Read 1750 times)
Vivian
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 12:08:45 AM »

Dick said it very well.  I just heard the news about an hour ago (2pm Pacific) because I had been so involved in other stuff that had been irritating me, and like Dick said, something always brings us back to reality.

Cry
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »

Here is a Bobby Hamilton/media related story for you. I've been thinking about it since I heard the sad news.
 A number of years ago, before XM etc, there was, and may still be, a local racing news talk show on WLW, the powerful AM station out of Cincinnati. I forget the guys name, but it was not bad and had a lot of local racing news and some interviews of national interest and so forth. It was on Sunday evenings.
  One Sunday a caller asked a couple of things and then asked if they, ( the radio folks) knew what happened to Bobby Hamilton, who at the time was driving the 55 car, I think.
  Well the radio guy jumped all over the caller saying that he couldn't be expected to keep track of every driver, etc. He was downright rude.
 Frankly, I had the same question. Bobby had been either leading or running very well when the TV went to a commercial break, and when they came back to the live action, He was in the garage or otherwise out of the running. I had wondered what happened also.
 Well, the announcer type on the local show just acted like he couldn't be bothered with a question about Bobby. He seemed to prefer questions about Junior or Gordon, who some folks around here almost consider to be a local guy.
  So, I voted, and the election to quit listening to the show was a landslide in favor of getting my racing info elsewhere. I stopped listening to the program after that night, and always felt sorry for the Bobby fan who had the audacity to ask the question.
 Sorry this is so long.
 Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »

Dick, unfortunately this sort of thing happens all too often in both radio and tv.  Hopefully, that fella who called had other ways of listening to the races rather than continue with that station.  IMO, you made the right decision...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: