November 21, 2017, 04:46:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt McLaughlin Rates the Races  (Read 1563 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »

Here's the third installment of Matt's ratings:

http://www.racingstalkers.com/opinion/mm_01-03.html

Don't necessarily agree with him on some of these (except Labor Day Race), but he readily admits his bias.   Cheesy

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 08:11:27 PM »

Here's the final installment to Matt's race ratings:

http://www.racingstalkers.com/opinion/mm_01-10.html

I definitely would've given Dover a higher rating, possiblity the A he gave Martinsville.  Wasn't the best Dover race ever, but the most memorable race in 2006 as far as I'm concerned.  I know I'm weird, but 25 laps of side-by-side racing for the lead at the end of an event sometimes does make up for the boring 375 laps.   Grin

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 04:50:13 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 10:50:29 PM »

I agree with Cheryl that the Dover race in September was the best finish of the year.  I have Las Vegas in second and, oddly, the Kansas race in third.

No race I can think of that I would remember years from now.  Instead, I'll remember Jimmie Johnson's entire season, with the Daytona and Indy wins, the stumble to 158 points behind the leader after Dover, then the surge to win the Chase and the title.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: