November 20, 2017, 01:33:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Goodie  (Read 628 times)
sally
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:57:52 PM »

NASCAR to expand Chase field and more points for wins in 2007: The Nextel Cup 2007 season will feature more points for victories and more drivers in the Chase for the Cup, NASCAR vice president of corporate communications Jim Hunter said this afternoon. How many points and how many drivers are being determined, Hunter said during a visit to USA TODAY's newsroom in McLean, Va. "We're still running the models," Hunter said, adding that an official announcement will be made during NASCAR's media tour Jan. 22-26 in Charlotte.NASCAR added the Chase for the Cup in 2004 with the top 10 drivers in the points standings and anyone within 400 points of the leader, competing in the final 10 races for the Cup championship.(USA Today)(1-4-2007)

Wonderful.  They are going to water down the crapshoot more, to make it even less impressive.  Why not just reset ALL the points for the final 10 races?  An even BIGGER joke.

Sally
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 12:48:17 AM »

Agree, I don't like the idea of more drivers.  It waters down the championship even more.  I do like the fact they are giving more points for a victory, hopefully its like 25+ more points.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »

Of course, they just have to make sure the "fan favorites" get in every year, so I'm not surprised they're considering this move (although I'm disgusted).  Just when I thought the braintrust couldn't make things even more of a joke... Huh?

Cheryl
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 04:35:03 PM by Cheryl » Logged
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:06:44 PM »

Aww, Cheryl Undecided  I'm disappointed in you.
Just when I thought they braintrust couldn't make things even more of a joke...

For the last few years, NASCAR has epitomized the adage "Once you hit bottom, start digging" of something like that.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
sally
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 05:33:16 PM »

I think that BF has proved time and time again that there are no depths to which he won't stoop as long as it puts $$$$ in his pocket.

Sal Sad
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »

If it comes down to a fan vote for the last spot in the Chase, NASCAR is dead to us.  One fan ballot, for the all-star race, is enough.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 06:31:38 PM »

If it comes down to a fan vote for the last spot in the Chase, NASCAR is dead to us.  One fan ballot, for the all-star race, is enough.

Well, speaking only for myself, no fan ballots are acceptable.  Racing ought to be about earning your way into any race IMHO.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: