November 19, 2017, 06:58:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Thanks to All!  (Read 1255 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: December 21, 2006, 06:06:31 PM »

Last night after our weekly chat, it just struck me how geographically diverse we all are and how cool it is that we've become friends through the forum.  For instance, on the chat last night, we had folks from Oregon, California, Michigan, Massachusetts, North Carolina and Maryland.  That covers about every corner of the country (except maybe Texas).   Smiley

I just want to thank you all for participating in the forum and making it such a success over the last three seasons.  Let's hope we can continue the fun in 2007 as well. 

Lou and I wish every one of you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 06:28:05 PM »

It's amazing how 'close' you can feel to people you never see, isn't it?  It's so much fun to have a group of friends that have a common interest, yet be so far apart!  Thanks to all of you for making Speed Couch a fun place to be.

Have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year, everyone!

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 09:35:04 PM »

I find I miss my Speedcouch friends as much as I miss my visible friends if I don't make it to the forum for a few days.  And if any of the other members are away for a few days, I find myself wondering if they are okay and looking forward to their return.  Yes, it is amazing how one can gather friends without ever meeting them in person.  We are truly blessed in this age of history.

I hope everyone has a very Safe and Happy Holiday Season. 

Vivian
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 10:40:48 PM »

Aww shucks, ladies, I'm gonna blush. Grin
 I really do enjoy our chats and stuff. Couldn't represent Ohio last night because I was out shopping, (for guess who).
 Here is hoping that each and every one of you have a great and safe holiday season.
 Dick
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 01:53:22 PM by Cheryl » Logged

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 07:57:05 PM »

I echo the same greetings and wishes to all of you. Smiley

If we are so lively in our virtual chats and forums, imagine how wild it would get if we actually met in person!  WOW! Smiley Smiley

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 11:43:32 PM »

Merrt Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!! It's glad to be back, after some computer issues on my end, and Lou claiming me as spam, I can come by periocially to gripe about racing with the rest of you..

It's good to be home again
Ken
shawn
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 01:25:44 AM »

I also enjoying coming here and wish everyone a Happy X-mas and New Years!

Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006, 01:44:51 AM »

after some computer issues on my end, and Lou claiming me as spam
and I like spam ;-) especially sliced real thin and fried up like bacon. Goes good with macaroni and cheese!

Sorry for accidentally deleting you in the forum changeover 2006............

Lou

cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2006, 01:05:56 AM »

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents worth....my short time here has been great.  Sorry about the abrupt split during chat the other night, but a personal problem arose (no, I didn't pass out) and I lost track of time.  Lou and Cheryl, y'all do a great job keeping me almost grounded and I appreciate it.  Vivian, Sally, Old Hotrodder, Desmond and all the rest are also great new friends and appreciate all of your contributions.  I'm gonna see if I can hire DW's new ghost writer..this is out of character for me.

Have a great Christmas (yep, I said Christmas) and New Year!

James

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 06:04:59 PM »

I trust that all of you enjoyed your Christmas.

The church get-together in Gardena that I referenced in chat last week was cancelled and we ended up staying home.

My gifts consisted largely of a sweater and some gift cards.

What, if anything, did you get?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 06:46:20 PM »

I got two sweathers, slacks, new longjohns (for those cold nights at the race track), several CDs and books, one gift card, and new mini crockpot.   Grin

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 11:37:55 PM »

I got 2 DVD's of old Warner Brothers cartoons!, and some great, warn socks!  And a lovely cold.  Bummer when there's all that food out there, and I can't even enjoy it!

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2006, 01:04:29 AM »

Isome great, warn socks!  And a lovely cold.  Bummer when there's all that food out there, and I can't even enjoy it!

Oh!  I'm sorry you're still feeling poorly, Sally!  It stinks to be sick during Christmas.

Hey!  I got some new warm fleece socks too (forgot to mention them earlier). 

Cheryl
shawn
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 04:08:59 AM »

Hope everyone had a great X-mas.  I got a bunch of shirts, DVD's (including Cars, which is a pretty cool movie), and a backpack for my new laptop. 

Vivian
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 09:59:51 PM »

I got to spend time with part of my family and some friends.  Lots of customers brought us baked goods, speciality meats and cheeses and a wonderful fruit, cheese and cracker basket.  We don't really do gifts but my daughter did come over while I was gone and clean my carpets.  That was very special.  It is more tradition in our family to do surprise gifts and special things all during the year.

Memories are what makes Christmas special for me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: