November 18, 2017, 03:38:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marcos Ambrose to Busch and Cup  (Read 312 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: December 21, 2006, 01:53:36 PM »

News from Jayski on Australian Marcos Ambrose's move from the truck series to a full-time Busch ride next year.  I hate to see Stacey Compton lose his ride, but Marcus was very impressive in the truck series last year.  And he appears to have a lot of Ford support based on winning a championship for them in Australia.  I like that they are not rushing him right into Cup, but giving him a couple of years in trucks and Busch first (with just the couple of road courses in Cup this year - since that's his background).  From Jayski:

"Ambrose to Make Announcement on 2007 Plans UPDATE: A press conference is scheduled to Wednesday evening where Marcos Ambrose will announce further plans for 2007. From the release, "Australian driver Marcos Ambrose will make one of the biggest announcements in Australian Sport this year by confirming an extended schedule in America during 2007."(Ambrose PR)(12-20-2006)
UPDATE: Australian businessman Craig Gore has finalized a deal with Wood Brothers-JTG Racing which will see Team Australia/Aussie Vineyards branding on the back quarter panel of Ambrose’s #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford for all 35 rounds of next year’s Busch Series. Part of the agreement will also see a full Team Australia/Aussie Vineyards entry in a minimum of two, and up to 10, NASCAR Nextel Cup events. Ambrose will campaign the full Team Australia/Aussie Vineyards entry in Nextel Cup road course events at Infineon Raceway at Sonoma, California on June 24 and at Watkins Glen International Raceway in New York State on August 12.(BAM Media PR)(12-21-2006)"

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »

I've decided that Marcos just may be my new favorite Busch driver.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 07:28:21 PM »

NASCAR is now the world, now the children... Grin Grin

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: