November 25, 2017, 10:46:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG NEWS!!!! Rudd to Return to RYR!!!  (Read 2514 times)
Vivian
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 11:48:34 PM »

Still waiting for the official news on Ricky.  And am glad Ward got a ride.  It will be interesting to see how he does in that car.

On another note, does anyone ever wonder why Mike Wallace has never been able to get a year long ride with any one car?  Now that he is older, will he continue to be just a filler if a car owner needs someone temporary?  BTW, I am not a fan of his and just wonder what everyone else thinks....
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 07:21:49 PM »

Still waiting for the official news on Ricky.

I guess this is as official as it gets.  From thatsracin.com:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/16290886.htm

Cheryl
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 02:43:22 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 02:44:28 PM »

Here's the transcript from a conference call with the media announcing Rudd's return with some really good Q&As by Ricky and Robert Yates:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6293874

Loved this comment from Ricky when asked about how there all of a sudden seems to be a place for older drivers like he and Ward again:

"The Snickers brand has taken me into their family and has found room for an old guy so it's more about the sponsorship and television perception of the age thing than it is actually can the older driver get the job done. I don't think that's the issue as much as it is from the marketing standpoint."

Yeah for Ricky!  Telling TV and the media that they've created this youth emphasis. 

Cheryl
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 02:53:21 PM by Cheryl » Logged
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 07:34:09 PM »

Another quote from the press conference, in which Robert Yates discusses the car number:

"As for the number. We're going to have our two cars. We know one of them is the 38 and the other one is really we haven't decided on that. We're excited about getting Ricky and getting the Snickers brand on the car. That's really going to be a team decision that I think will come in the near future, but it's not been made yet. You'll know which... it's one of the two. Let you figure that out. But it will happen pretty soon."

Isn't this awfully late to decide between #28 and #88?  Testing is in just three weeks.  Maybe they'll just paint it on the car the day before, and we'll all know then. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
super61
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 12:21:17 AM »

Let's hear it for the senior TOUR!!! The only bad thing now, is we will have to hear every week about the "young guns".

Does this mean Dick Trickle will get a Cup ride with Roush??

Ken
Vivian
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 09:22:35 PM »

Just read on Jayski that it looks like it will be # 28.  I like that number better so pleased to read the news.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: