November 22, 2017, 10:04:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Numbers  (Read 454 times)
sally
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:32:37 PM »

Teh ratings for Homestead were down 20 % from last year...which were down 23 % from the year before.  So, the 'season finale of excitement' has dropped 40 % in the last 2 years.  Is anyone listening?

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 01:40:52 AM »

Sally, unfortunately, no one is listening.  But according to bf, racing is good and there is a lot coming in 2007 so all is well.

It will be interesting to see the ratings for the awards banquet.  Don wants to watch but I could care less.  It is just a show, like all the Sunday's anymore.  JMHO....
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 05:02:35 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Teh ratings for Homestead were down 20 % from last year...which were down 23 % from the year before.  So, the 'season finale of excitement' has dropped 40 % in the last 2 years.

Isn't the usual pattern to have the audience increase during a sport's playoffs?  I think we can conclude, based on those numbers alone, than the Chase for the Nextel Cup is a bad idea.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 05:06:23 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Quote from: "sally"
Teh ratings for Homestead were down 20 % from last year...which were down 23 % from the year before.  So, the 'season finale of excitement' has dropped 40 % in the last 2 years.

Isn't the usual pattern to have the audience increase during a sport's playoffs?  I think we can conclude, based on those numbers alone, than the Chase for the Nextel Cup is a bad idea.

Most of us fans concluded that when it was first introduced... Wink

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: