November 24, 2017, 02:02:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NASCAR "Survivor"  (Read 772 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 24, 2006, 01:48:33 PM »

So this is the quality programming they are replacing Beyond the Wheel and 7 Days with.   :smt078

"SPEED is looking for four serious NASCAR fans: The Charlotte-based network will conduct open auditions Dec. 9 at Michael Waltrip's new race shop in Cornelius, N.C. for SPEED Road Tour Challenge, a new reality show scheduled to debut Feb. 22 at 8:00pm/et. SPEED is in search of four NASCAR fans willing to travel to 13 races from Daytona through Charlotte, competing with each other along the way for a prize package that will include an offer to join the SPEED Road Tour crew for the remainder of the NASCAR season. Once four participants are selected, they will travel together by motor coach -- one equipped with cameras and microphones to record every turn and every pit stop along the way -- all hours of the day, seven days a week. Beginning at Daytona, the four will compete in weekly challenges, all recorded for a prime time television show scheduled to debut on SPEED in February with a one-hour tryout special."

And as Lou just said "the masses will flock to it..."  Truly sad that some good documentaries of the races and people involved in racing are being scraped for this kind of crap.  Speed seems intent of losing my viewership entirely...

Cheryl
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »

Are you kidding Cheryl?  This is amazing high quality TV they are giving us!!  ;-)

How pathetic is Speed to show this drivel...
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 09:37:19 PM »

And we thought all the fans (?) standing around at Trackside and other shows were bad, all I can say about this is "uughh".  Then we will be bombarded next season on Inside Cup with a live audience.  

Tell me, are people really that Huh?? whatever?  Sorry, I can't even think of a word to use about a lot of the so called fans of today.  Human behavior has been steadily declining, IMO.....
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 07:10:57 PM »

I am more open-minded about reality TV, as I will remind you, so I will check out the show.  But it is too bad that this comes as the expense of Beyond the Wheel, my favorite show ever about NASCAR racing, and 7 Days. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 09:41:06 PM »

I know this season, I always turned the channel away when that Rutledge dude came on.  So I won't even be checking it out.
sally
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:56:24 PM »

More junk and clutter that has nothing to do with the actual races.  Wow.  What a shock.  I certainly won't be watching to see people make even bigger fools of themselves.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 11:34:32 PM »

You guys really need to watch (or record) that new show on ESPN2 on Sunday nights!  It's much more interesting to see a documentary style  show on the drivers.  Last week was Casey Mears and David Stremme, two that I really like.  I sure hope Casey doesn't get the curse of the 25 car when he goes to Hendrick next year.

BTW, who's Rutledge?Huh?? :shock:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 02:17:13 AM »

Rutledge is either on Raceday or countdown to green.  He is a regular fellow they chose to parade around talking to people and looking for bizarre stories and doing weird stuff, imo.  He wears glasses, not chubby but a bit on the big side and has what I call a woody woodpecker hairstyle similar to Jason Leffler.  JMO, but he is a big waste of time and tends to totally turn me off as he is just a gimmick...
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 01:39:29 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Rutledge is either on Raceday or countdown to green.  He is a regular fellow they chose to parade around talking to people and looking for bizarre stories and doing weird stuff, imo.  He wears glasses, not chubby but a bit on the big side and has what I call a woody woodpecker hairstyle similar to Jason Leffler.  JMO, but he is a big waste of time and tends to totally turn me off as he is just a gimmick...

Oh, okay, I think I've seen him on commercials or something, but I always have the sound muted, I guess.  I figured that was the guy you and Sally were once talking about in the chat and someone called a mohawk hairstyle.   Wink

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: