November 19, 2017, 05:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monte and Baby Brian  (Read 602 times)
sally
« on: November 21, 2006, 12:56:48 PM »

Interesting.

http://www.gastongazette.com/sections/sports/nascar/index.aspx?id=959

Sally
Have  great holiday, all.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 06:31:14 PM »

I can't believe Brian France would treat a reporter like that simply because he had a different take on the sport than France does.

I love the quote by Jim Hightower.  As Monte wrote, it was about George H.W. Bush, but it could apply to the current CEO (or is it pillager?) of NASCAR instead.

And what about those drivers' meetings comments?  Motivational, indeed. :shock:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 09:54:58 PM »

Good article.  I sure hope he stays in the sport.  

Only thing I am sorry he didn't add, (I saw that same interview) was that he kept saying ever so often that (Quote) "The racing is good." (Unquote)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »

I just read the article and it seems to end abruptly.  Then there's a large area of blank page at the bottom.  I didn't get a chance to look at it when Sally first posted the link yesterday.  Has the ending been edited out or something?  If anyone has the entire article, could you post the text here?

Monte IS certainly going out on a limb taking on the big cheese like this.  I admire him for it, but sure hope his hard card doesn't get pulled for that article.  

Frenchy, as he calls him is an idiot as far as I'm concerned and has done nothing but ruin the sport for the real fans.  Making it like a social welfare system may play well with the much  coveted "casual fan" but it sure doesn't fly with real race fans.  

Kudos to Monte!  As always, he's about the only legitimate print reporter who doesn't tow the party line. :smt023

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 05:51:28 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
I just read the article and it seems to end abruptly.  Then there's a large area of blank page at the bottom.  I didn't get a chance to look at it when Sally first posted the link yesterday.  Has the ending been edited out or something?  If anyone has the entire article, could you post the text here?

That was the entire text.  I have seen multiple articles by Monte, and for some reason all of the articles have lots of white space at the end.

All I can suggest is to e-mail the Gazette and complain about the problem.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 09:33:28 PM »

I got the same thing yesterday. Lots of blank room at bottom.  I rechecked it twice more and it loaded the same way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: