November 23, 2017, 01:49:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MB2 Motorsports Changes Name to Ginn Racing  (Read 365 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 22, 2006, 02:03:34 PM »

I heard about this on XM last night, but here's an announcement from Jayski:

"MB2 Motorsports has changed its name to Ginn Racing, effective immediately. The name change is a result of the team's new owner Bobby Ginn, who purchased majority interest in the racing organization in July. Regarding the pronunciation of Ginn -- it is GHIN as in the second syllable of begin. The company's web site address is: www.ginnracing.com. MB2 Motorsports began operations in July 1996. Ginn Racing will field three full-time Nextel Cup teams in 2007 with drivers Mark Martin/Regan Smith sharing the #01 U.S. Army Chevy ride, Joe Nemechek in the #13 Chevy and Sterling Marlin in the #14 Chevy. The organization will also field a full-time Busch Series team with Smith and Kraig Kinser co-driving a Ginn Racing Chevy. The team's development program includes drivers Jesus Hernandez and Ricky Carmichael. Ginn Racing is based in Mooresville, N.C.(Ginn Racing PR)(11-21-2006)"

All I know is I hope the new owner gives Sterling some better equipment next year.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 05:47:06 PM »

I thought that change already happened a few weeks ago. :?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: