November 24, 2017, 10:34:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, Sally,...  (Read 1911 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: November 14, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »

It is gonna be a heckuva football game Saturday. Good luck to your Wolverines, but I am a diehard Buckeye, so, GO BUCKS!! Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 09:50:04 PM »

You know, I was thinking of both of you when I saw that match up advertised.  I hope to watch it!  Not sure who to cheer for though.  As far as college goes, I like both teams.  It will probably come down to which coach I favor for calls.... :?

Anyway, good luck!  Both of your teams!
sally
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 11:14:10 PM »

Vivian,
Since you're such a nice lady, I will forgive your short sightedness at being an Ohio State fan.  This time.

I have to laugh about this game, the #1 and #2 unbeaten teams meeting each other in a 'regular' season game.  Hmmm.  Wonder what this will do to the 'magic formula' they use to decide who are the 2 best teams in the country to meet at the Rose Bowl.  Sorta reminds me of the anti-climactic stuff going on with the drapshoot in Nascar now!

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I have to laugh about this game, the #1 and #2 unbeaten teams meeting each other in a 'regular' season game.  Hmmm.  Wonder what this will do to the 'magic formula' they use to decide who are the 2 best teams in the country to meet at the Rose Bowl.  Sorta reminds me of the anti-climactic stuff going on with the drapshoot in Nascar now!

Sally, this year's championship game is at the Fiesta Bowl site, not the Rose Bowl site.  It alternates every year.

Frankly, I have no idea.  These teams could meet again, or the winner could take on USC, Florida, Notre Dame, even Rutgers(!).  It is impossible to predict how any result will affect the computer scores, which join the polls to create the Bowl Championship Series rankings, which is the "magic formula" Sally talks about.

And yes, that would be anti-climactic. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 09:07:00 PM »

All I gotta say now is:

GO BUCKS!!!! :smt026

:smt026 GO WOLVERINES!!!!

That was cheered on alphabetically, no favoritism intended. Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 06:31:32 PM »

Sally, this is sad.http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6181330?FSO1&ATT=HMA
 Bo Died this morning Sad  Sad

William James
sally
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »

A good man.  Maybe this will inspire the Wolverines to 'Win one for Bo".

GO BLUE
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:59:09 PM »

:cry:  :cry:

I saw the news about Bo and of course thought of both of you.

He was a good man and coach.
sally
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:53:48 PM »

I'm still in shock.

sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 01:05:42 AM »

It takes two great Universities and two great programs to make a rivalry as intense as OSU/Michigan. So, we Buckeyes really understand your loss and are saddened by Bo's death.
Dick Sad

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 07:08:44 PM »

There's no good time to die, but this has to be the worst because this huge game was coming up.  :cry:  

Schembechler collapsed at a TV station near Detroit.  I understand that the cameras weren't rolling at the time, so the station was spared some shocking footage.

The game on Saturday was an appropriate tribute in that the game was closely contested and that the players were at the highest level of intensity.  Of course, Dick has the bragging rights now. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 10:08:37 PM »

Congrats to the Buckeyes...great game.  I was proud of my Wolverines for never giving up in a game that almost no one thought they could win.  I'm sure Bo was proud.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 10:41:24 PM »

It was a close one!  I know most of us forum members were either watching or waiting to hear the outcome.  

So, will they meet again this season?
sally
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 10:55:13 PM »

I doubt it, Viv, since I'm sure TV thinks new opponents would be more 'interesting'.  However, since it waqs the most watched game in 13 years, and was a real barnburner, who knows?

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 06:40:47 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
So, will they meet again this season?

No.  The USC Trojans, I believe, will beat both Notre Dame and UCLA, enabling them to pass Michigan in the standings.

Here are my predictions for the five Bowl Championship Series games.  Note that the schedule has expanded and the championship game is separate from the other bowl games; in the past, one of the bowls was so designated.

BCS Champ., Jan. 8--Ohio State vs. USC
Rose, Jan. 1--Michigan vs. Arkansas
Orange, Jan. 2--Louisville vs. Texas
Sugar, Jan. 3--Florida vs. Georgia Tech
Fiesta, Jan. 1--Notre Dame vs. Boise State

I edited the post to reflect Louisville, not West Virginia.  I believe those teams will tie for the Big East conference title; Louisville beat WVU head-to-head, so it has the tiebreaker.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: