December 15, 2017, 09:04:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikey-less IWC  (Read 1027 times)
sally
« on: November 14, 2006, 12:16:47 PM »

Dave blaney was on IWC last night...and Mikey wasn't!  Dale Jarrett sat in for the blabbering Michael, and it pointed out how much better the show is without Mikey hogging the spotlight.  It was still fun and entertaining, but EVERYONE got a chance to contribute without Mikey having to be the center of attention.

What an improvement.

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 03:47:17 PM »

DARN! I missed it. :?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »

I recorded it on Tivo, but wasn't that anxious to watch it since the race was so boring.  But now, hearing Mikey was absent, I'm more interested in watching the show this week.  Will try to check it out tonight.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 09:52:37 PM »

I enjoyed the show a lot.  Sometimes it helps to get different perspectives from other than the normal cast of drivers.

Dave Blaney did a great job, IMO!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »

I watched the first half of it last night and Ken Schrader had me cracking up with his comments.  It's sad his sense of humor gets pretty much subordinated to Mikey's "me-me-me" attitude most weeks.  Because Kenny can be such a hoot.  I loved when he was talking about how if someone he had problems with was behind him, or "his buddies" as he called them, and how he'd make sure he got away from them on restarts.  That cracked me up!  Then when they were discussing how so many [obviously new fans] were screaming about Harvick getting special treatment because they allowed him to get a push start after the red flag.  When Dave Blaney said he got a push as well (to demonstrate it wasn't special treatment for RCR), Kenny says "well, that's bull."  It was so funny!  The when Despain asked why drivers start going crazy and hitting everyone near the end, Kenny's explanation of thinking "Oh, I'm almost out of time, I might be able to get 3 or 6 more points....if I don't get zero."  That was classic!  And probably pretty close to the truth for the guys running back in the area Kenny Wallace once called "back with the squirrels."  Great show!  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 03:53:14 PM »

Darn! Now I am really sorry that I missed it. :x

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 05:04:52 PM »

May all the shows be like that from now on! Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: