November 17, 2017, 08:42:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More on Commercial-Free Races on TNT  (Read 426 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 09, 2006, 02:38:31 PM »

http://www.longislandpress.com/?cp=93&show=article&a_id=10223

Funny that Fox is the only network not even interesting in considering something like this.  Okay, not funny, but interesting.  But then they are the masters of hype and to me, most of racing-related commercials we see these days are just more hype for drivers or DW and his truck, etc.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 04:49:23 PM »

Fox not interested?  Should we be surprised?  After all, it's never been only about sports there.  I remember the use of "Fox attitude" to identify Fox Sports as early as its launch in 1994.  We all know what that means now. :evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 10:08:19 PM »

As Cheryl said:

most of racing-related commercials we see these days are just more hype for drivers or DW and his truck, etc.

Maybe that is one of the reasons we don't like Fox so much and Waltrip+Toyota even less.....
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 11:47:28 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
As Cheryl said:

most of racing-related commercials we see these days are just more hype for drivers or DW and his truck, etc.

Maybe that is one of the reasons we don't like Fox so much and Waltrip+Toyota even less.....

GEE, I think that COULD have something to do with it!! :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: