November 19, 2017, 04:09:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What did you think of the picture being there during that show?  (Voting closed: November 08, 2006, 09:25:39 PM)
Tasteless - 1 (20%)
Good advertising - 0 (0%)
No big deal - 4 (80%)
Nextel rubbing it in - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I still think it was totally tasteless!  (Read 482 times)
Vivian
« on: November 08, 2006, 09:25:39 PM »

On Inside NEXTEL Cup Monday night, one of the big pictures on the wall behind the panel was a very large close up of the 31 Cingular car with it's taped up right front fender after Jeff's crash.  Personally, I think it was Nextel's way of putting Cingular down and out of their so called chase.  Don seemed to think it was a lot of free tv advertising time and exposure for Cingular.  I would love to know what everyone else thinks about it.

Thanks
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 11:12:01 PM »

I don't think Nextel the company has any say or even cares which pictures they use on the back drop on INC. I think the producers just pick what they feel are the strongest photographs, I don't see any grand conspiracy here.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 04:07:30 AM »

Would Nextel like it if Jeff Burton, in the Cingular car, won the Nextel Cup?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 04:54:33 PM »

I agree with Brenden on this, although I can understand the other side of the argument because of the corporate rivalry.  Also bear in mind that if Cingular becomes AT&T in the coming offseason, the name AT&T cannot appear on the #31 car and its sponsorship must end.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: