November 18, 2017, 03:25:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terry Labonte  (Read 409 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: November 07, 2006, 03:31:52 AM »

I could not watch any television Sat and Sun. Did NBC give Terry Labonte his due? Did they talk to him during the pre-race show? Did he get any mention during the race? I noticed they only showed his car before qualifying and spoke a bit of him during his qualifying run.
 Does any one believe any of the networks would like to see the rest of the old farts hit the road so they have more pretty boys to talk about and supposedly draw more fans?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 01:38:12 PM »

I can't remember if it was NBC pre-race or NASCAR This Morning on Speed, but there was a really nice tribute and highlights of Terry's career.  We didn't watch all of the NBC pre-race show since it was a rain-delay stretch and it gave us the opportunity to watch all of the Ravens game.

All I know is that as a fan of Terry's, I'd just as soon he quit after the 2004 season.  The cars he's been in intermittently since then are so uncompetive, it's just painful to watch. The 44 car on Sunday was really bad.   :cry:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 03:38:28 PM »

Thank heaven Terry finally realized that point Cheryl. I'm really afraid that the same thing will happen to Mark next year. :x

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: