November 25, 2017, 12:44:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YOU KNOW WHAT??  (Read 474 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: November 04, 2006, 05:12:47 PM »

Since we all seem to feel so strongly about the Buschwhacker issue, we ought to show our support for the series by having a SPEEDCOUCH gathering at a standalone Busch race. Off the top of my head I can think of 4 races which are w/in easy reach for me, (IRP, Kentucky, Memphis and Gateway--(ST LOUIS?).
 What do Y'all think?
 Dick Smiley

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 03:11:13 PM »

While I like the idea of us having a Speedcouch gathering and the sentiment to support the standalone Busch races, Lou and I really have given up attending NA$CAR races live anymore. We made the mistake of making an exception to our "no NASCAR" policy this year for the Busch race at Bristol, so we could watch Shane Huffman race.  That turned out to be a bad experience because of the crowds and crowded seating area.  So we plan to keep our vow not to give any more of our money to NA$CAR.  Plus with the USAR 2007 schedule recently coming out, we've already made our vacation plans for next year.  

Besides the fact, it doesn't seem to matter how few whackers are at the standalone races, they seem to win anyway.   :cry:

Sorry, Dick...

Cheryl
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 07:14:06 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Since we all seem to feel so strongly about the Buschwhacker issue, we ought to show our support for the series by having a SPEEDCOUCH gathering at a standalone Busch race.

Perhaps a better way to show our dislike of Buschwackers would be to have a gathering at any race that is NOT a NASCAR race. USAR, ASA, PASS, ARCA, anything but BGN.

What do Y'all think?

I try not to.

Dick is in charge of t-shirts.  Tongue

Lou

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 07:24:28 PM »

Quote from: "Lou"
Since we all seem to feel so strongly about the Buschwhacker issue, we ought to show our support for the series by having a SPEEDCOUCH gathering at a standalone Busch race.

Perhaps a better way to show our dislike of Buschwackers would be to have a gathering at any race that is NOT a NASCAR race. USAR, ASA, PASS, ARCA, anything but BGN.

What do Y'all think?

I try not to.

Dick is in charge of t-shirts.  Tongue

Lou

Ok, Lou. I was kinda thinking that idea too. Biggest problem is getting our west coast friends to, say, Mansfield. :-D
 I saw this really neat t shirt modeled by some attractive girl the other day. Maybe we could use it as a model.
 Funny thing about it, though, the picture seemed to concentrate on that part of her from the waist up and from the neck down. DIDN'T EVEN SHOW HER FACE!! oops I really did ot mean to hit the cap key.
 :-D  :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: