November 23, 2017, 08:36:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pemberton Hired by NASCAR  (Read 1439 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 23, 2004, 02:46:08 PM »

I saw a rumor this yesterday on Jayski, but I guess it's now
official.  I think NASCAR thinks if they hired "one of their own" it will
calm down the recent "revolt" in the garage.  They seem to refuse to get rid of those stupid field-freezing rules.  That's the root of all their problems!

Here's the article from today's Winston-Salem Journal:

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FM
GArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031776204240
&path=!sports!autoracing&s=1037645509202

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 08:22:50 PM »

Not a surprise.  Everyone either goes to Nascar or tv nowadays.  Gary Nelson seemed to make a difference so maybe Pemberton will also.   :?

I think someone needs to write a good article on the goods and more bads of that stupid free pass rule.  Anyone out there would like to do that?
sally
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 09:00:46 PM »

Hey, I got my rant out of the way for the month.  As much as I hate the rule, I don't think I can find a "good".  You game, Viv?
Sally
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 09:40:19 PM »

i woiuldn't mind be writing an article about that in depth.i just need to how?
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 10:48:45 PM »

All right, Ron!   Smiley   I can give you tidbits of what we need to make mention of.  Sally can throw in her ideas and I know Cheryl and Lou will also have some points.  Shall I email you my ideas of what to compare it with and other misc tidbits???  

Okay, everyone!  Jump on board.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 01:37:48 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes7777"
i woiuldn't mind be writing an article about that in depth.i just need to how?

Hi Ron,

Just put down what you feel in a Word document and send it to me in private email.  'll edit it for grammar and punctuation.  List what you think are the good things about the rule and why and what you feel are the pitfalls about the rule and why.  Just try to keep emotion out of it (if possible).  Or in other words, "do as I say, not as I do."   :wink:

I got my rant out of the way last year when they came up with this idiot free-pass rule:

http://www.speedcouch.com/justmyopinion/2003/Welfare.html

Cheryl
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 03:32:48 PM »

hey cheryl  okay i cxan have the article done by mon afternoon okay? thanks in advance guys for your suggestions and i promise to keep the emotions down.
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 03:34:36 PM »

okay vivian e-mail at ronaldbarnes@excite.com by tomorrow
sally
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 03:37:44 PM »

Ypu go Ron!!!  Remind people that the Crapshoot of the Championship could be determined by someone getting the Pity Pass, as has happened already this year.
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 07:35:41 PM »

Ron, I have sent the email.  If any questions about it, just use the reply and I can maybe clarify more.  Thanks.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 03:42:43 PM »

Back to Pemberton...

It may not be a done deal after all.  Dave Despain reported last night on Speed Channel that he had spoken to a Ford official who told him that Robin Pemberton has not left his post with the company.

Stay tuned!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 05:14:48 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Back to Pemberton...

It may not be a done deal after all.  Dave Despain reported last night on Speed Channel that he had spoken to a Ford official who told him that Robin Pemberton has not left his post with the company.

Haha!  NASCAR never let a little conflict of interest stop them!  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 05:36:37 PM »

On NASCAR This Morning, Pemberton's hiring was reported as a done deal.  Guess they worked out the arrangements and he should be in Sonoma now.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: