November 18, 2017, 11:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN/Nascar  (Read 405 times)
sally
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

Another example of Nascar's strangle hold on all things stock car.

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin//15867008.htm

Wouldn't you think that this would have been a part of the whole TV package deal?  But, they have to pay even mORE money to be able to promote their race telecasts.  Nice racket.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »

ESPN's lawyers either fell asleep at the wheel (no pun intended) or NASCAR added some bad terms.  Either way, ESPN2 has an hour to fill next week.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:18 PM »

I don't believe NASCAR Images is owned by NASCAR.  It's the production group which produces a lot of the shows like NASCAR This Morning, and other shows like NBS 24/7, and Beyond the Wheel.  As far as I know (from email I've exchanged with some folks involved in these shows), this is the production group which evolved from Sunbelt Entertainment and TNN.  I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is what the producer of NASCAR This Morning told me several years ago.

To me, the article just sounds like the contract with NASCAR Images and ESPN has not actually been signed; not that the sanctioning body is preventing the show.  Let's not be so quick to blame everything on NASCAR.  Yes, they do enough negative stuff already; but to me, this doesn't sound like anything in which Brian France is involved.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: