November 21, 2017, 02:54:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Points Under Old System  (Read 2423 times)
Vivian
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 09:15:45 PM »

I wonder what is really going on about the tweaking for next season?  Will there be changes?  I would think so although we did hear last night that all had basically been abandoned.

And as Smoke's best fan would say:  Actually, him not being in the chase is okay as he and his team are really racing like a championship team, IMO; and his mood seems to be much better this way.  That team seems to be having so much more fun than the top 10 in points.  JMO, again!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 04:09:37 PM »

Well, Dennis Michelson's "Classic Points" show we'd now have a closer points battle under the old system.  Imagine that?  Johnson would now be leading Matt by 11 points.  It's starting to look like either one would likely have won under the old system as well, so I can live with whichever comes out on top.  Check out the Classic Points at:

http://www.stockcarpitpass.com/inside20061114.html

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 04:26:58 PM »

One other thing I noticed--the top 11 drivers have 32 wins aong them. There is a reason that they are where they are in the standings. Once again, I think that this demonstrates that the chase is contrived nonsense.

As a foot note, I'm gonna be traveling this Sunday, and may miss a good part of the race, if not all of it. Maybe that will turn out to be a blessing, who knows. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2006, 05:53:01 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Well, Dennis Michelson's "Classic Points" show we'd now have a closer points battle under the old system.  Imagine that?  Johnson would now be leading Matt by 11 points.

And that would have made the Homestead race this weekend even more fun to watch.  Much like the "Battle of Atlanta" at the end of the 1992 season.

Then again, NASCAR couldn't claim that five drivers could still win the season championship.  And isn't that what they want?  :x

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: