November 19, 2017, 02:03:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fridays Busch race  (Read 453 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: October 14, 2006, 04:22:21 PM »

Should Kevin Harvick's champion trophy presentation been done before Dave Blaney's winner circle interview? I don't think so. I almost feel when Blaney's interview was finally done on tv he lost some enthusiasm. He gave a short interview and turned away. Maybe Dave is just a low key guy. It is not fair the race winner had to wait until an event that should happen at Homestead took place. Was this TVs fault that the order of  events happened? Blaney never even mentioned his sponsor. Speaking of sponsor mentions, I was almost hoping Mikey Waltrip would win. It would have been great to see him plug his sponsor, Family Dollar, after winning a race sponsored by Dollar General. Stacy Compton finished third. No interview on TV.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:05:49 PM »

I also thought it was tacky that they interviewed Kevin before Dave Blaney.  I thave to think that TV was instrumental there, since they are the ones who cue the drivers to get out of their cars.  Good for Kevin, but that should have been secondary to the win for Blancy.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 12:49:30 PM »

I didn't see much of the Busch race.  All the Buschwhackers just bored me to sleep, but if a Cup driver had to win, glad it was Blaney.  

As to the Buschwacker champion being shown before the actual race winner, is anyone really surprised?  I remember when Harvick clinched his first Busch championship at Rockingham in 2001, he started doing his stupid doughnuts on the frontstretch and Kenny Wallace (the race winner) couldn't even do a victory lap.  Really pissed me off at the time because it was Kenny's first win in many years and his spotlight was stolen by the championship celebration.  Unfortunately, Cup and Busch champions have clinched early many years and things like this always seem to happen.  I'm sure TV drives a lot of it.  Then they go through the whole hoopla again at the final race of year.  

But in this case, to have a Cup drive annilate the competition in the Busch series is even more of a travesty.  And there was TNT just perpetuating the problem even more.  Ever since 2001, Fox, TNT and NBC all seem to really love it that so many Cup drivers are in Busch.  Based on the fact these networks have always focused on the Cup drivers in pre-race and the actual Busch races.  They must simply be in heaven these days with the Buschwhackers dominating the series.  And Harvick's dominance and clinching with over 700 points lead 4 races before the end of the season...well, to me, that's not something anyone should promote so much.  But then, I'm not in the TV business...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 04:25:32 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
I almost feel when Blaney's interview was finally done on tv he lost some enthusiasm. He gave a short interview and turned away. Maybe Dave is just a low key guy.

Then again, remember that this was Blaney's first win in a NASCAR-sanctioned event, so he may not have known exactly how to act. :?

Also, he was no doubt tired after a wild and daunting race. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 09:06:16 PM »

I was disappointed they showed the interview with Kevin before they interviewed Blaney.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: