December 15, 2017, 09:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Plane Crash in NYC  (Read 721 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 12, 2006, 01:23:54 PM »

Lou heard about this on the radio driving home last night and we watched reports via a CBS channel out of NYC on DirecTV.  I just cannot imagine what the poor people in New York thought when they saw that plane hit an apartment building.  After 9/11, I'm sure they thought it was another terrorist attack.  Thankfully, for them, it was just a very tragic accident.   :cry:  Reminded me just a bit of what happened with Davey Allison after he got his pilot's license.  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15223650/

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:52:31 PM »

Yesterday was a day of emotional highs and lows for me.

I had just visited with a cousin who is recovering from surgery to remove cysts from her uterus.  She is scheduled to leave the hospital today, and I felt very good.

I then went around the third floor looking for a bathroom.  Basically, it is a recommended health procedure following a hospital visit.  I could not find the bathroom, but I stumbled onto another hospital room which showed CNN and the footage of the plane crashing into the condos.  When I saw Cory Lidle's picture on the screen, I was hooked.  How could a baseball player flying a plane cause something that looked just like the 9/11 footage?

I stayed at the hospital for over an hour, staying in the hallway so as to avoid setting foot in the actual room.

When I returned, the death of Cory Lidle had been confirmed.

You're right, Cheryl.  This is not as bad as it looked, but it is still tragic.  Lidle was married with a 6-year-old son.

:cry:

P.S. I did find a hand sanitizer and put some of that on my hands, so I was OK.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:32:37 PM »

Sad
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 05:18:57 PM »

Sad  Sad  Sad  guys sad week here in nyc.i work in the newest tower built her the hearst tower on 57th st and 8th ave i could see literally the smoke com ing from the plane wreck even though i was on the west side of manhattan.just adds to the pain all ny yankee fans must be feeling right now.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 04:13:32 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
Sad  Sad  Sad  guys sad week here in nyc.i work in the newest tower built her the hearst tower on 57th st and 8th ave

I just hope it's a cushy job you have.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: