November 22, 2017, 11:12:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meijer 300 Race  (Read 871 times)
17RoushFan
Veteran

« on: June 20, 2004, 03:49:18 AM »

Great race tonight. Excellent charge by Kyle Busch. Greg Biffle was sour grapes in his post-race interview. He led the race with less than 5 laps to go after charging through the pack following a speeding violation on pit road. To not give Kyle credit for the win is bogus. The 5 clearly had a better car down the stretch.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
sally
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 12:39:42 PM »

I was thououghly confused.  This was really "Busch League" coverage!  The announcers would be talking about one thing, and the cameras never showed it.  And not just the crashes!  Did anyone see Biffle do his green flag drive thru penalty?  Who was left on the lead lap?  How did Biffle serve a penalty and still end up in front?  The announcers were doing just fine, but the producer was out to lunch about what got on the screen.
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 01:56:33 AM »

Quote from: "sally"
I was thououghly confused.  This was really "Busch League" coverage!  The announcers would be talking about one thing, and the cameras never showed it.  And not just the crashes!  Did anyone see Biffle do his green flag drive thru penalty?  Who was left on the lead lap?  How did Biffle serve a penalty and still end up in front?  The announcers were doing just fine, but the producer was out to lunch about what got on the screen.
Sally

Hmmmm...I just got an email from someone who's just started writing me this week and he said how horrible the Busch race coverage was last night.  Who made up the broadcast team?  Just curious...

We heard a really good explanation as to what happened with Biffle from Claire B. Lang on XM during their pre-race show today.  It included some quotes from today's drivers meeting at MI where Helton told them not to take advantage of what happened at KY last night.  

From what I remember of the explanation, he was too fast exiting pit road and was required to come back for a "pass through" penalty.  When he did, a caution came out, so he had to go to the tailend of the longest line or something.  Actually I can't remember that many of the detaild now.   :oops:

If Biffle had a 15 second lead, it didn't break my heart for him to be penalized, but the way he was whining, he acted like he never got the lead back.  Yet tonight on Speed News, they said he was leading with a few laps left and Kyle Busch passed him for the win.  So, what's his big gripe?  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 05:06:18 PM »

I was out all day and did not see the telecast, but I still remember that Chad Little said that he would be the analyst again, as he was at Nashville.  Don't know if Matt Yocum was again on play-by-play.

Also, just wondering if Biffle is talking his way out of Roush Racing.  As Winston Kelley asked on Fox Sports Net, does that contract extension mean anything?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 07:55:50 PM »

Judging from other arrangments, they're not worth the paper they're written on.  But, you have to consider it's with Jack Roush.  I imagine he can be a real pain if he wants to keep him badly enough.
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: