November 21, 2017, 11:41:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My monitor no longer works  (Read 432 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: October 04, 2006, 09:43:34 PM »

Before I begin, I would like to apologize for not posting anything to the forum for the last five days.  You all know how much of a regular I am here.

On Monday morning, the monitor from which I am able to see what on my HP computer failed permanently.  Strangely, every other part of my computer, even the hard drive, works except the monitor.

I bought a replacement adapter, thinking that the old adapter was the problem.  But when I installed it, it showed only the same kind of flickering lights associated with the high school film presentations you see in old movies.  That, and several telephone calls, convinced me that indeed the monitor had failed, not the adapter or any of the power sources.

I am writing to you from a public library computer because the problem is as yet unresolved.  My father and I will attempt to find a replacement monitor tomorrow or Friday.  Until then, the home computer is useless.

Also, I cannot access any personal files from my computer until that time.  Interestingly, one such file contains the Nextel Cup standings would look like if Buddy Wayne existed and was in the Chase.  I had him leading Jeff Gordon by three points and Jeff Burton (actual leader) by seven between Dover and Kansas.  I have yet to input the alternate points for Kansas, in which B.W. "finished" 16th.  So I have no idea where he would stand.  Nor do I know where Tony Stewart would be had he been a chase participant.  How I put him there is explained by this web page on my site.
http://www.webspawner.com/users/bwbarefoot/clarenceaward4.html

I can only wonder if Stewart would have gone for broke anyway had he been in the Chase instead of just racing for the win.

I hope all of you are well and I will keep in touch, and put in my opinions no matter where I am.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »

I have received a replacement monitor, so you can look for me every day again. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 08:48:17 PM »

Des, I am glad you are back with us   Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: