November 20, 2017, 10:32:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARCA Race Delayed on SPEED  (Read 523 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: October 04, 2006, 02:37:55 PM »

Last night in the chat, I mentioned the ARCA race on Friday from Talladega was tape-delayed on SPEED.  The race is actually being run at 5:30 (eastern) on Friday evening.  I just checked the SPEED program schedule to see just what compelling programming was more important than showing live racing.  SPEED will be showing repeats of 7 Days and Beyond the Wheel and then "live" Trackside during that time.  As far as I know, Trackside is always taped earlier in the afternoon.  Then SPEED is showing the ARCA race at 8 p.m. (eastern).  I'm sorry, but that just stinks IMHO!  More of TV "packaging" stuff to show when they feel like it (or in this case to put it in primetime).  All I know is I definitely never watch Trackside, so having it as a "live" lead-in to the ARCA broadcast still doesn't tempt me to watch it.  I've got too much other interesting programming on my Tivo that I can watch.

Also, I noticed on racingone's weekend schedule for Dega that Winston Cup qualifying is not until 12:10 on Saturday.  How truly bizzarre...BTW, that is a lead-in to the truck race on Saturday.  More of TV materially affecting the sport?   :evil:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 08:21:42 PM »

Watching quals is out for us due to being on the west coast.  Same day stuff like that does not work.  By the time Don gets home at 1pm the truck race has started and all the news is already out about where everyone qualified so that is wasted time for a lot of people.  But like Cheryl said, there is other programming to watch.

I am excited about the ARCA race.  Unlike a lot of people, I do want to see how JPM does.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 10:08:12 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Also, I noticed on racingone's weekend schedule for Dega that Winston Cup qualifying is not until 12:10 on Saturday.

In NASCAR's defense, this is an impound weekend.  All the cars will be covered up after qualifying, there are no more practices, and no major adjustments will be allowed.

In such cases, it's probably better to hold it just the day before the race, or on the same day, as happens in the Busch Series.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 05:23:38 PM »

Cheesy  Cheesy damn shame i can't catch the race this weekend because i want to see montoya race. Sad  Sad
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 05:22:28 AM »

Thanks for the update Cheryl.  I used to wonder what the deal was with putting rookies in at 'Dega and Daytona until I realized it was only hold the gas to the floor, turn leff and hope you don't hit anything.  Not much "real" driving skill involved (I know I'll get hammered for this), but that's the way I see it with the plates.  The Montoya should prove interesting, just can't wait to see him at Bristol.  One corner at Bristol has as much banking as the F1 courses combined.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 06:36:23 PM »

I sure won't hammer you, Cowboy. Matt, Mark and others have said about the same thing.
 BTW, if I were a veteran driver I would be nervous about having a "rookie" in the middle of one of the packs of cars, even if it is Montoya. (or anyone else for that matter).

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: