November 19, 2017, 03:30:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yawn  (Read 742 times)
sally
« on: September 30, 2006, 04:07:28 PM »

I guess Baby brian's 'new and improved' format isn't exactly knocking 'em dead.

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/15640950.htm

No substitute for the real thing, is there?

Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 05:49:26 PM »

TV ratings were down? No kidding. Did you see all of the empty seats?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 06:45:04 PM »

No kidding.  Dover made Cali look like it had an SRO crowd.    I'm sure that Nascar will cite the threat of rain as the reason the stands were so empty.  However, I can remember several Bristol races delayed for hours by rain, and the stands were still full.  Face it.  Race fans (REAL race fans) find nothing compelling about a manufactured 'close' points race.

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 03:20:56 AM »

Wasn't the only reason the chase was created anyways was to try and have nascar beat the nfl in ratings which i think they'll never do.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
Wasn't the only reason the chase was created anyways was to try and have nascar beat the nfl in ratings

Yep.

All I know is I had tickets to 3 of the "Chase" tracks and that didn't make me want to keep them anymore.

Cheryl "writing from Jennerstown, PA waiting for the restarted Hooters race which was rained out after 50 laps last night"
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 04:46:20 PM »

I hate to be one of those who come on here and say I didn't watch the race, but this week, it's definitely true.  

We were busy watching the conclusion to the race at Jennerstown yesterday afternoon and headed home around 3:30.  We picked up the NASCAR race on MRN while driving home.  Yawn seemed to really describe it as far as I'm concerned.  Not sure why I expected anything else of a [mostly] flat cookie cutter.  

MRN made it sound like there was a little side-by-side battling going on in the last third of the race (for maybe 15 minutes), then it was back to boring.  But, man, what a boring finish!  Gas mileage win?  Ugh...especially after that great battle last week.  Makes me really glad I had some good REAL racing earlier yesterday.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 08:24:57 PM »

Cheryl wrote:

I hate to be one of those who come on here and say I didn't watch the race, but this week, it's definitely true.

Cheryl, no need to feel that way.  We are all watching less and less these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: