December 15, 2017, 09:08:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sean Caisse Hired by Kevin Harvick  (Read 533 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 19, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »

I know this will make Vivian happy.  Caisse has been running the Busch East Series this year in a team owned by veteran, Andy Santerre, and Vivian and I have spoken about his talent several times.

Cheryl

From bgnracing.com:

"Sean Caisse, second in the Busch East standings and last year's rookie of the year in that division, will drive the No. 33 Kevin Harvick Inc. Chevrolet in the Busch Series event next week at Dover International Speedway. (Scene Daily) AND: Harvick Inc. (KHI), announced today that 20-year-old NASCAR Busch East driver, Sean Caisse, will drive the No. 33 Outdoor Channel Chevrolet in the September 23, NASCAR Busch Series race at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. Caisse will be making his NASCAR Busch Series debut at Dover, Del., with the No. 33 team, which currently sits 11th in NASCAR Busch Series owner points standings. Caisse will be pulling “double-duty” at Dover, Del.; competing in both the NASCAR Busch East race on Friday and the NASCAR Busch Series race on Saturday. (KHI PR) (09-18-06)"
shawn
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:45:00 PM »

Glad to see another Bush North/East driver getting a good ride.

cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 03:12:48 AM »

OK, I'm gonna get busted for this but what's up with New England drivers and NASCAR?  If I'm not mistaken, Santere gave the Cup a shot without success.  Randy Lajoie ate up the Busch series but no Cup success.  The only successful Cup driver I can think of from New England was Pete Hamilton.  I know they say New Hampshire is Truex's home track....but I'd bet Dover is a lot closer to his home than New Hampshire.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 03:18:55 AM »

Sorry, I forgot Ricky Craven...the only other that comes to mind.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 12:30:06 PM »

Quote from: "cowboy271"
OK, I'm gonna get busted for this but what's up with New England drivers and NASCAR?  If I'm not mistaken, Santere gave the Cup a shot without success.  

Actually, Andy Santerre was running the Busch Series when he had a very serious leg break in an accident.  It took him a long time to recover and I think he just chose to go back to Busch North after that.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 09:04:58 PM »

Way to go, Kevin Cheesy
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 07:06:07 PM »

Didn't randy lajoie have a pretty big wreck in a cup series car in the 1980's at daytona?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
Didn't randy lajoie have a pretty big wreck in a cup series car in the 1980's at daytona?

No, I think it was Craven, who drove the #41 car, which was then a Chevrolet owned by Larry Hedrick.  The sponsor was Kodiak smokeless tobacco.

That set Craven back quite some time, but he was able to join Hendrick Motorsports (#25 team) in around 1998.  That tenure lasted a little more than a year and was stormy by most accounts.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: