November 24, 2017, 04:43:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More "Issues" for RCR  (Read 312 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: September 22, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »

Heard about this on XM yesterday afternoon.   This is a David Poole article about an employee hired from Joe Gibbs to help improve the performance of RCR engines, but had lots of issues with things being done there.  If you recall both Jeff Burton and Jeff Gordon's engines had "irregularities" after Daytona qualifying this year, but NASCAR let them go.  This guys claims seem to support that there was something wrong with the pole winning engine for Burton.  I'm not casting aspersions on just the RCR team as in Childress' own words "everyone does things to enhance performance."  Just interesting to hear this guy's story:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/15575165.htm

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 03:30:29 PM »

The "modification" Corrente is talking about sounds OK for qualifying, but the piston damage issue sure doesn't suprise me. I wouldn't want to try to run one 500 miles.

This may be the most interesting story of the year. If this guy is credible, I wonder why Gibbs wouldn't hire him back.
 HMMMMMM.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:40:03 PM »

I doubt this suit will stand up in court.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: