November 22, 2017, 11:04:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah for USAR at Iowa  (Read 681 times)
old hot rodder
All-Star

« on: September 15, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »

Good piece, Lou. I'm sure that the series being at Iowa is tough for you, but you know that they will get back to the east coast soon. It must be pretty exciting for the teams to be racing at a brand new facility. I sure wish them well. The video is neat too. Looks like a great facility.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »

You done good, Lou!   Cool
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 09:45:53 PM »

As I wrote in the other thread, unfortunately, they are having some real tire issues there this afternoon in practice at the new track. USAR is making some madatory set-up requirements in conjuction with recommendatons from Goodrich (tire supplier for USAR).   This is to ensure the safety of the drivers since the grip of the new surface seems to be eating up tires.  Just hope everyone stays safe out there tonight.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »

My understanding is that a new surface tends to wear the tires quickly. I hope they work this out and avoid a fiasco like they had at Charlotte a while back, (Nascar that is). That was rediculous.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 01:25:19 AM »

USAR just finished quals and their pole speed on a 7/8s mile was faster than Louden!   Shocked   That's WAY too fast...Just hope everyone stays safe there tonight.  USAR did lift all restrictions on tires and said they can have unlmited sets, so that's something.

Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:59:53 PM »

While a few people experienced some tire problems Friday night at Iowa, everyone remained safe, which is the most important thing.  After that, the USAR series put on an awesome race on the new track!  I highly recommend you set your vcrs or Tivos to record the race when it is shown on SPEED this Wednesday at 4 p.m. eastern.  

Lou and I sat up until 1:30 a.m. Friday night to "watch" it on the internet via USAR's timing and scoring system.  Not the same as being there or a live TV broadcast, but pretty exciting all the same.  We also had a chat on our other website with several usar fans during the race, so that was a lot of fun too.  

I'll sum up the finish this way, the top 6 finishers were only separated by .6 seconds!  I don't think NASCAR has had a finish that close in a while.  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 01:16:09 AM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
While a few people experienced some tire problems Friday night at Iowa, everyone remained safe, which is the most important thing.  After that, the USAR series put on an awesome race on the new track!

That's great to hear!  And besides, Rusty Wallace probably loved it, too. Cheesy

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: