November 23, 2017, 04:19:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I made a boo-boo  (Read 866 times)
Vivian
« on: June 17, 2004, 05:25:43 PM »

Jeff Gordon will be on Celebrity Poker, JULY 15th.  I wrote June and that was wrong.  Bravo at 9pm Eastern.

Sorry, Beth.  Thanks for letting me know.   :oops:
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 03:53:45 PM »

Thanks, Beth and Viv.  I was afraid that I had missed the show, and was going to ask how Jeff Gordon did.  Now I have no need to do so.

For those who plan to tune in, please know that Celebrity Poker Showdown does not resemble the ESPN World Series of Poker or the World Poker Tour on Travel Channel.  The setting is more glamorous and the contestants keep up a lot of chit chat during the game.  They're not as intense as the players on the other shows.

Also, all money won on the show goes to charity.  Gordon will play for the Jeff Gordon Foundation.  Last night's winner, Lauren Graham, will give her money to human rights.

If Gordon wins on July 15, he will appear in a championship round later in the year.  The winner will donate $200,000 to charity.

Enjoy the show!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 10:37:26 PM »

Jeff Gordon won his preliminary round this past Thursday on Celebrity Poker Showdown and now advances to the final.  

If he wins the final, the Jeff Gordon Foundation will win $100,000 (not $200,000 as I originally posted).

Among the players he defeated were actress Angie Dickinson and magician Penn Jillette.

Also during the show, color analyst Phil Gordon (no relation) called Jeff "an idiot" on some kind of strategy decision.  But Jeff went on to win the hand.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 06:01:55 PM »

I saw part of it and read later that Jeff won.  That was pretty great.  Usually I don't like watching those things but it was a treat as Angie has always been one of my favorite actresses.  And I must say, Hooray for Jeff.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 06:59:28 PM »

I thought it was fun to watch - especially when Angie made Jeff blush. Cheesy   I will be watching the finals on August 12th 9 pm EST.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: