November 23, 2017, 11:25:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start/Finish Line  (Read 1295 times)
17RoushFan
Veteran

« on: June 17, 2004, 12:33:59 AM »

What does everyone think about the multi-loop system?

I heard a few weeks ago that they wanted to add lines all over the track to make things look like there are more lead changes and stuff. I have seen a few articles, and so far, they have said, the start/finish line is what it is all about. They have been doing this for half a century. I think it is terrible that they are making it as confusing as possible. Once again, it is breaking tradition. Plus, some fans like to keep score of that at home. I do understand that it might help figure out where the drivers were running when the caution came out, but overall, I think it adds to much stress for everyone involved.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
sally
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 01:22:02 AM »

The loops around the track are better than looking at video tape, but there will always be gaps between the loops, thus still leaving Nascar open to question.  The best solution so far is the last completed green flag lap.  Many other series live with this rule just fine, as it is definitive.  Even Dave Despain(!) says Nascar should go to some sort of finish under green scenario.  If green/white/checker doesn't work, then make it 5 more laps....or don't count the caution laps.  Lots of alternatives, but  Nascar won't look at them.
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 02:01:04 PM »

Quote from: "17RoushFan"
What does everyone think about the multi-loop system?

I think that if they refuse to change their stupid field-freezing rules or go with scoring from the last lap, that it certainly has to work better than just eyeballing the field.  It was my understand (from stuff I've read) that they put these loops in all the tracks before the season began.  I could be wrong though.  I thought they were to work in conjuction with the GPS devices that TV put in the cars.

I read some stuff in Mulhern's article yesterday where he claimed several "people in the garage" were trying to get NASCAR to through the frozen field issue out.  I don't know if that's true or just one of Mulhern's trial balloons, but I sure hope it is true.  I don't think the danger of racing back to the yellow is half as dangerous to drivers as they claimed, but I know the confusion this season is definitely determental to the sport itself.

Hey 17RoushFan!  Do you mind sharing your first name with us?  It just seems weird to keep calling you "17RoushFan."   :wink:

Cheryl
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 04:30:18 PM »

hey guys i suppose this mutli-loop system is better than nothing but i agree that nascar should use the same system as every other racing body.nascar won't use it because there're too stubborn
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 05:16:08 PM »

Once again, Jeff H had a wierd explanation on Totally Nascar last night as to why reverting back to the last green lap would not work.  When I say wierd, I mean wierd.  I did not understand it at all as he mentioned something about the white flag not working with it.   :?   Did anyone else hear that and can they explain what he really said?  Thanks
sally
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 08:06:48 PM »

Iheard, but didn't make much more sense out of it than youdid.  He seems to think they can't race back to the checkered flag, which I thought they could.  Just another apologist for Nascar screw ups.  It works for most every other race, why not Nascar>
Sally
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 04:24:01 AM »

Cheryl,

Just call me mike, then. thanks!

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 11:50:47 PM »

Hey, Mike.  I think it is good to know your first name also.  But the 17RoushFan has a certain ring to it.  Saw that Harvick had on a #17 tee shirt today.   :wink:
17RoushFan
Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 06:47:11 AM »

Vivian,

Check out the comic from thepitsonline.com with the donkey! it's funny!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: