November 19, 2017, 06:57:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvick and Kenseth Fined  (Read 759 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 16, 2004, 08:09:16 PM »

Just saw this on jayski from a thatsracin.com article:

Kenseth and Harvick fined: Kevin Harvick and Matt Kenseth were each fined $25,000 by NASCAR and placed on probation until Aug. 11 for bumping incidents between the two during the final laps of Sunday's Pocono 500 at Pocono Raceway.

When are they gonna fine these guys an amount large enought to really get the attention of a millionaire?  Plus we all know "probation" means just about nothing.  And what's up with choosing an arbitrary date when it ends?  Inquiring minds want to know?   :?  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 09:04:40 PM »

Hey, thier temper tantrums were about the only decent thing during the end of the race!  Other than screw ups, Nascar needs some distraction, right?  
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 10:48:22 PM »

I think the only thing that gets their attention is having to sit out a race.  The points deduction did not hurt Jr and won't make a difference in the big scheme of things but I think having to sit out a race would.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 04:01:35 PM »

I am very surprised that NASCAR did not take points away (at least) from either driver for the Sunday incident.  Apparently, they are that concerned about having officials decide this year's championship.  Unfortunately, it will probably happen anyway :oops:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes7777
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 04:26:45 PM »

nascar should've taken away points from kenseth and harvick to send a message to all drivers that this kind of crap will not be accepted
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 05:12:50 PM »

Desmond, be sure to read my new opinion piece on the Speedcouch front page.  I think they are very concerned.

On Totally Nascar last night, Jeff H said they should make drivers stay until they are the last ones at the track after a race and sign autographs and that should make them behave.   :?   Who knows?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: