December 15, 2017, 09:19:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McFarland out  (Read 547 times)
shawn
Legend

« on: August 11, 2006, 01:41:56 AM »

From Jayski

McFarland Released from #88 Team: JR Motorsports announced today that Mark McFarland has been relieved of his driving duties of the #88 NAVY Accelerate Your Life Chevy. NASCAR Busch Series Champion Martin Truex Jr. will pilot the #88 at Watkins Glen International Raceway this weekend. “Mark was instrumental in getting our Busch program off the ground and he will always have a role in the history of JR Motorsports. But the reality is that as a business we have the responsibility of delivering a level of performance for our sponsors,” said Team Owner Dale Earnhardt Jr. “This change is being made to address that concern.”(JR Motorsports PR)(8-10-2006)
He was 22nd in points w/1 top 10.  I hope JR puts a Busch guy in the car after this week.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »

Quote from: "shawn"
He was 22nd in points w/1 top 10.  I hope JR puts a Busch guy in the car after this week.

In your dreams, Shawn!  I see Truex, Jr. and Dale Earnhardt, Jr. himself splitting the #88 for all companion races, with Shane Huffman perhaps going at Memphis.

Remember: it's all about the Whackers... :evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 02:24:09 AM »

According to bgnracing.com Robby Gordon will run Michigan and California and Shane Huffman the rest. Dale Jr said of McFarland "this is a case where his personality and mentality didn't match well with what we were looking for".

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
shawn
Legend

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 03:52:40 AM »

I also think Huffman will be the driver next year.

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 03:32:47 PM »

Shane will be in the 88 Navy car at Bristol, but has not yet been approved for track 1 1/2 mile tracks or larger, so they will use Robby Gordon at MI and CA.  (It's a damn shame that they don't race at Darlington on Labor Day or he'd be in the car for that race).  

Shane will run his USAR car for JR Motorsports tonight at Peach State, GA and at the USAR race at Bristol on 23 Aug.

He'll be in the Busch car at Richmond and most likely the BGN races for the rest of the season and all of next year.

Lou and I are pretty excited to see our friend get the opportunity in NASCAR.  Having him the Navy car is a bonus since we both have strong ties with the Navy.   :-D

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: