November 25, 2017, 10:47:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Changes for TV?  (Read 702 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 29, 2006, 05:55:45 PM »

I really could care less when the Brickyard 400 is run. To me, it's not that big a deal. But for folks who attend the race in person, it might be a major change in the vacation plans next year.  Apparently NASCAR has decided to move next year's race up a week so ESPN/ABC has a "major" race for it's return:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060729/SPORTS01/607290380/1052

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 07:54:58 PM »

Very interesting.  Wonder which others will be changed to accomodate their plans...
BillKP71
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 11:37:32 PM »

Thanks! I hadn't heard about this change. I wonder if the Craftsman Truck, BGN and USAC schedules can also be changed to keep their races at IRP on the nights leading up to the BY400. I hope so. I always look forward to attending the races at IRP (or whatever they call it now) while hanging around for the cup race.

Bill

ill

first things first, but not necessarily in that order
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:34:56 PM »

I'd assume they'd want them as companion events leading up to the Brickyard.  Otherwise, NA$CAR couldn't rake in maximum dollars from the fans and the whackers couldn't run at IRP.  

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:09:51 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
I'd assume they'd want them as companion events leading up to the Brickyard.  Otherwise, NA$CAR couldn't rake in maximum dollars from the fans and the whackers couldn't run at IRP.

In the same article, officials at O'Reilly Raceway Park (IRP) said that the Busch and truck races would indeed move up one week as well.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BillKP71
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 02:41:01 AM »

Thanks Desmond. That's god news. I didn't see anything in the article about the USAC Silver Crown race (usually the Kroger 200) on Thursday night, but I would hope that could also be accomodated. Hopefully they'll make some kind of announcement tomorrow night. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Bill

ill

first things first, but not necessarily in that order
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: