November 18, 2017, 08:50:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Pointless and annoying"  (Read 688 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: August 05, 2006, 07:15:32 PM »

That is a quote from a USA Today article about the upcoming NFL season and how NBC and ESPN are planning their return to NFL coverage. The quote comes from this paragraph concerning a survey of Fox Tv's NFL viewers. Fox's survey "found that Fox's many sound effects, blinking lights, and animated graphics were seen as 'pointless and annoying' ". Has Fox surveyed any NASCAR fans about it's coverage? I believe they would find the same quote used.
 Also found in the article was the fact that the NFL restricts sideline reporting. Can you imagine the uproar if NASCAR restricted pit road reporting? Score one for NASCAR.
 Also, the NFL "won't allow networks to sponsor any in game announcements" . Score one for the NFL. This would mean no Wendys race break or Cingular poll.
  I believe it is Fox that is going to be testing the "idea of letting consumers send in uploaded digital photos of their tailgate parties with some of those photos going on tv" Great if the Nascar broadcasters get this idea in their heads there will be even less racing to show and more fluff.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:05:25 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
I believe it is Fox that is going to be testing the "idea of letting consumers send in uploaded digital photos of their tailgate parties with some of those photos going on tv" Great if the Nascar broadcasters get this idea in their heads there will be even less racing to show and more fluff.

Maybe the Laidback Racing folks got in the heads of Fox! :lol:   Then again, they'll demand that the idea definitely be on the NASCAR broadcasts.

By the way, whatever happened to NEXTEL Fan of the Week?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: