November 19, 2017, 02:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase Excitement?  (Read 859 times)
sally
« on: August 01, 2006, 11:52:03 PM »

It's no secret how I feel about the crapshoot format Baby brian foisted on us, but all the 'buzz' about who will be in or out (sounds like a round of Project Runway), is making me crazy.
To me, the fact that there are so many drivers in the top 15 so close in points Porves that the crapshoot is not necessary.  In fact, the only thing that will happen after Richmond is to take away that added drama of just where any of those top 15 WOULD end up if they were able to compete for a spot in the top 10 all the way to the end of the year.  No?

sally
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:02:37 AM »

Sal, yep, just what it confirms to me is that everyone will know who can and cannot advance into the top ten and no matter how many races they win or finish well in, they still can't make the top 10.  And that is just plain b.s. to me.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 05:13:32 AM »

I'm exicited. I'm hoping certain drivers fail to make the chase just to give it another black eye like last year.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:33:46 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
I'm exicited. I'm hoping certain drivers fail to make the chase just to give it another black eye like last year.

I'm just hoping a couple of drivers don't make it in general.   Wink  But seriously, the problem is if NA$CAR's "stars" don't make it, that will just give Baby Brian license to make his "tweeks."  And I'm really afraid he's gonna come up with some stupid fan vote or "wild cards" to get fan favorites in it.  That will make it even more of a joke than it already is.  BTW, isn't a "tweeker" someone who uses heavy drugs?   :lol:  Ever since I heard him use that word, that's what has been going through my head.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:36:30 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
But seriously, the problem is if NA$CAR's "stars" don't make it, that will just give Baby Brian license to make his "tweeks."  And I'm really afraid he's gonna come up with some stupid fan vote or "wild cards" to get fan favorites in it.

Then how far would it go?  A 50-driver "chase" with the drivers cut into two heats, with the winner advancing to a single race with the season title on the line, the ultimate crapshoot if you will?  Imagine how much money that could make for Brian France!

I must admit that I came up with this idea, in someone else's name, and it is on my website.

Here's the link:
http://www.webspawner.com/users/bwbarefoot/chasetobereplac.html

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 09:47:56 PM »

I seem to be torn about who makes it or who does not.  On one hand I care, but then on the other hand, I really don't think it matters to me anymore.  

Tweekers are druggies.  When you want to adjust the system, you tweak it.  I think....Does the media really spell it tweek?  Sally, you should know if tweak is correct...

Anyway, my logical self says it does not matter who is in or out.  The same people will always get the booth bias about attention.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 11:41:18 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Tweekers are druggies.  When you want to adjust the system, you tweak it.  I think....Does the media really spell it tweek?  Sally, you should know if tweak is correct...

I really don't remember how the media spelled it.  Just made up my own spelling, I guess.   :?

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 01:03:48 AM »

Anyway you look at it, Nascar definitely needs tweaking.  Lot of things could be changed or modified and maybe it would mean happy long time fans again.  Nah, too much to hope for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: