November 22, 2017, 07:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Are Not Alone....just drastically outnumbered  (Read 620 times)
sally
« on: July 30, 2006, 05:54:49 PM »

Someone else is noticing. :shock:

http://www.tribstar.com/sports/local_story_210235323.html?keyword=secondarystory

And Mike mulhern has a great article about Buschwackers at the Winston-Salem Journal.

Sally
super61
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 01:32:48 AM »

great article. It really doesn't matter that the majority of fans we know or talk to on this forum, we are stuck with some for of playoffs to determine a champion. When Matt won his championship much to the dismay of the France family, they had to change the rules. Once again, with the real possibility of having 3-4 drivers in the chase that have not won a race this year, Brian and the Boys are talking about changing the rules again. How about, if it's not broke, don't fix it? You can't reinvent the wheel. The unfortunate legal issues surrounding the loss of Winston as title sponsor for NASCAR was the one thing Brian was hoping for. His entire life, he lived in the shadow of his father and grandfather, schlupping around to local short tracks to get them to buy into the "program" How many of these tracks are still afilliated with NASCAR (let alone still operating)

Now he is the King Pubah and the king has the right to change the rules as he sees fit ( until someone figures out another loophole). I have a close association with a midlevel Craftsman Truck team. The funniest thing about the shop is the "wall of weekly rule changes"

I think I got off course there. Let's go back to having to qualify and race for a championship every week.  The rule book should be black and white, like all other sports. You violate those rules you get suspended or banned. end of discussion. Then we could get back to having good races, good rivalries and maybe, just maybe no stupid 10 race shootout.

ken
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 08:14:48 PM »

Sally, that was one of the best articles I have read in a long time.  He says exactly what most of us have been saying for years and I think he made some points about everything that irks us.

Super61 wrote:

The funniest thing about the shop is the "wall of weekly rule changes"

No wonder when some of them are interviewed, they seem confused as if they have forgotten some of the rules.  If they have to post them every race, then it seems there are no permanent rules really, just momentary ones for each race.   :roll:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
No wonder when some of them are interviewed, they seem confused as if they have forgotten some of the rules.  If they have to post them every race, then it seems there are no permanent rules really, just momentary ones for each race.   :roll:

It seems more like "situational" rules in NASCAR - kind of like their ethics... :roll:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:00:49 PM »

I think this also has a lot to do with the increase of fines and points deductions that we now see.  This used to be a rare occurence, I think; now it happens all the time.

For example, the #21 Busch team has been caught twice and has lost a total of 75 points.  Then again, Kevin Harvick still has a huge lead, so what difference does it make? :x

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: