November 19, 2017, 10:37:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: #12 Darrell Waltrip Racing truck ceases operations  (Read 911 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: August 02, 2006, 01:04:22 PM »

From Jayski:

"Been told the #12 Darrell Waltrip Racing truck series team has ceased operations immediately and will not field a truck for Joey Miller. Most of the personnel will be placed at Michael Waltrip Racing in the near future.(8-1-2006)"

What a nice bunch of folks those Waltrips are...dump Miller in the middle of the season.  Guess they need to put more money into Michael's Cup teams next year.  Too bad they don't dump their other truck team too; then we wouldn't have to hear about it so much when one of them is in the TV booth.   As I've predicted, I think this is the beginning of the Toy trucks pulling out of the truck series.  They've used it enough; now they'll want all their money in Cup.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:28:40 PM »

And not only was the driver and team stood up, so was the sponsor Curb Records.  I would hate to find out what Mike Curb feels about it! :evil:

By the way, Curb is the former lieutenant governor here in California (similar to Vice-President of the U.S.), a country music mogul, and longtime friend of Richard Petty.  In fact, Curb was the car owner when Petty won his 200th and final race, the 1984 Firecracker 400.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:42:41 PM »

Surprised? No.  I agree with Cheryl.  Toyota will now put all their efforts into the Cup series.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: