November 20, 2017, 08:28:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ABC/ESPN Broadcast News  (Read 1231 times)
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« on: July 26, 2006, 08:53:50 PM »

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Neil Goldberg is leaving FOX Sports and heading back to ABC/ESPN for next season.

Also mentioned in the article (and I really like this news) is that Allen Bestwick is the leading candidate for the lap by lap announcer role with ABC/ESPN.

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/15118545.htm
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 09:55:50 PM »

I like that news about Alan also.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
shawn
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 11:31:53 PM »

Hope Alan gets that gig.

Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 01:08:35 AM »

Sure would love to have Alan announcing again.
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 01:22:04 AM »

Amen to Alan.  Lets hear announcers of what little racing is left rather than a group of inflated egotistic self promotion.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
sally
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:58:33 AM »

Allen would be wonderful back in the booth again.  But we may be getting the same producer that's responsible for what we've been subjected to for the past 6 years with Goldberg?  Not such good news.  Unless they are putting him on the baseball games.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 12:21:32 PM »

Sally, please remember that the producer of the actual broadcast is taking his instructions from the executive producers at Fox.  In addition, Neil Goldberg CAME from ESPN in the first place.  Everyone seems to forget that fact.  So if you blame him for the style of coverage at Fox, you also have to blame him for the wonderful coverage we saw at ESPN in the past.   :?

I'll agree with everyone else and would LOVE to see Allen head the ABC/ESPN team!  He definitely deserves to be back in the anchor chair!

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 04:06:49 PM »

I share the hopes of the rest of the forum that Allen Bestwick is indeed the lap-by-lap announcer, and I think that Bestwick and Goldberg working together would be interesting.

Thanks, Cheryl, for the reminder about Goldberg's earlier ESPN stint and the insistence of the entire Fox network to prefer hype over substance.  Next year's Fox broadcasts are ensured to be crappy no matter who produces or directs it.  (And as long as DW is there, too.)  :smt078

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: