November 25, 2017, 12:41:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yates Takes Exception to Waltrip's Remarks  (Read 801 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 26, 2006, 12:27:51 PM »

I was just listening to an interview Claire on XM had with Robert Yates.  This was the first I've heard of some disparaging remarks DW supposedly made about the Yates organization.  Yates was highly upset and disappointed since he apparently helped DW get started in his career.  What a surprise that Darrell has forgotten where he came from!  Anyway, Robert said the fans in the stands have more power than they realize and should let their feelings known.  I'm assuming he meant we should write Fox about how out of control Darrell is.  I highly recommend that everyone here do so if they feel the way many of us do about the announcers at Fox taking their own opinions too seriously.  Here's an article that talks about DW's and some of his companions at Fox/Speed:

http://www.motorsportslounge.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/12910/

Also here's Matt McLaughlin's article about last weekend's racing.  He takes a couple of good potshots at Waltrip as well.   :smt023

http://www.racingstalkers.com/opinion/mm_07-24.html

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 03:25:22 PM »

I don't know where or how Matt comes up with some of these things. "Mount Saint Tony" had me laughing out loud!! :-D  :-D Good for Robert Yates. I'm sick of both Waltrips, and whils some may not lose respect for DJ by his move to Toyota next year, I certainly do.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 04:06:20 PM »

Robert Yates Racing is "beyond repair"?  Don't give up on them.

Last year, someone somewhere probably said the same thing about Richard Childress Racing, and this year it should have at least Jeff Burton in the Chase for the Nextel Cup and perhaps Kevin Harvick as well.

I read that also from one of the other Motorsports Lounge members.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:42:14 PM »

What does DW say in that commercial?  "Rumors can be hurtful."  Seems like he thinks he is above it all.  I sometimes wonder how Stevie puts up with his overgrown ego.   :roll:

I will add my displeasure at his remarks to the other ones Fox must surely be receiving by now.

And about Stephen Leicht's day being uneventful.  Yes it was, if you are only thinking about him crashing or creating problems for others.  But if finishing ahead of veterans and not even coming close to crashing is considered uneventful, then may he have many uneventful days in Cup.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:13:29 PM »

Just saw this in an article by Rusty Wallace on ESPN:

"My disappointment for the year, although I know they will turn it around, is Robert Yates Racing. Sometimes you really have to get down to get back up. Dale Jarrett and Elliott Sadler have decided to leave, enticed by bigger money. Sometimes you really have to be down to know what you are doing wrong, and that's where Yates is.

Robert invited me to his engine shop because I had heard how beautiful it was. After you look at his engine shop, you will never understand how anyone can possibly compete with him, because it is such a well-oiled machine.

Robert is going to go out and hire some great engineers and align himself with better people and get some drivers who are really hungry. He's not giving up and is on a mission to get everything right. I wouldn't want to be in his line of fire right now, because he's really going to get it running."

I particularly like his comments about Jarrett and Sadler going over to "the dark side."  Guess he's not got a dog in that fight like Mr. Jaws... :lol:

Cheryl
cowboy271
Grizzled Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 01:17:35 AM »

The easiest way to validate someone's ignorance is by acknowledging it (just look at my posts).  I recall a comment attributed to Junior Johnson when DW left him to form his own team "At least he'll have an owner as dumb as he is".  Sorry if that's bashing, but's that's the way I recall it.

I'm keeping with NASCAR's theme.."Idiot of Tomorrow" so Speedcouch needs a new resident idiot.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 03:20:50 PM »

Quote from: "cowboy271"
The easiest way to validate someone's ignorance is by acknowledging it (just look at my posts).  I recall a comment attributed to Junior Johnson when DW left him to form his own team "At least he'll have an owner as dumb as he is".  Sorry if that's bashing, but's that's the way I recall it.

You don't mess with ole Junior. :-D  :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 07:57:11 PM »

Cowboy, I had never heard that Junior Johnson remark.  I thank you for giving me a big chuckle.   :-D  

Personally, Dick.  I like the idea of calling DW's next race (I predict there will be one) another nothing for my brother.   :smt081
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: