November 21, 2017, 04:47:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Cup Last Night  (Read 809 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 25, 2006, 03:11:12 PM »

Pretty funny radio comments Dave played from Carl Edwards after he got penalized for hitting TS on pit road.   :lol:  I don't know if those were played during the actual broadcast or not since I didn't see that part of the race.  But I was glad Dave included them in the show.  

I was favorably impressed with Reed Sorrenson who joined Michael Waltrip on the show last night.  I'm pretty ambivalent about his driving, but he showed a lot of maturity in some of his comments about the difference between racing in the top five and back in the pack.  That was quite interesting to hear.

What IS it with Michael Waltrip always defending any of Tony Stewart's actions?  You'd think he was "courting" Tony or something.   :lol:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:43:57 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
What IS it with Michael Waltrip always defending any of Tony Stewart's actions?  You'd think he was "courting" Tony or something.

Maybe he's secretly wishing that Stewart would drive a Toyota, preferably for his race team. :lol:

He believes in two things: "Greed is good" (Gordon Gekko, Wall Street) and "Too much is never enough." (actor Orson Bean)

:evil:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:31:37 PM »

I don't know, Cheryl, but he certainly seems to be ready to defend almost anyone...but what if that had been Robby Gordon?

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 07:52:37 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I don't know, Cheryl, but he certainly seems to be ready to defend almost anyone...but what if that had been Robby Gordon?

Knowing his own history with R. Gordon, I'm sure he would've crucified him.   :lol:   But, you are right, Mikey seems to defend almost anyone's actions these days.  As I said, I guess as a potential car owner, he doesn't want to piss anyone off, in case he wants to recruit them for one of his teams.  I just get SO sick of his self-righteous attitude.  

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 08:07:56 PM »

IMO, Mikey never does anything or says anything unless it will benefit him in the long run, IMO...I was really surprised at his defense of Tony but was even more surprised at his defense of Kyle Busch several weeks ago.  Makes one wonder, what is really his agenda? :roll:

Funny/strange how it is always okay to express our opinions about Mikey.  I am glad he is a tv star (?) and we are free to comment and no one seems to get offended.   :-D
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 08:10:11 PM »

:smt021   Just answered my own question.  Of course it is the attention he gets and we (like suckers) continue to talk about him.  Duh... :smt102
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: