November 23, 2017, 05:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate the Nashville Busch Race Broadcast  (Voting closed: June 22, 2004, 07:32:54 PM)
Excellent Broadcast - 2 (50%)
Typical Broadcast for Fox/FX - 2 (50%)
This was a Terrible Brodcast! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rate the Federated Auto Parts 300 Broadcast from Nashville  (Read 682 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: June 12, 2004, 07:32:54 PM »

Let us know how you think the announcers did with this broadcast.  Not sure if they will have the same broadcast team as quals Friday night (Matt Yocum and Chad Little), but I sure hope they do!  The BGN quals show was so much more calmer than Cup quals last night.  It was a refreshing change.  Keep up the good work Matt and Chad.  Cheesy

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:46:26 AM »

Blessed calm!  Talk about showing up how frenetic the "regular" team is...  I actually could pay more attention to the racing.  So far.  Waiting out the rain delay now.
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:29:13 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Blessed calm!  Talk about showing up how frenetic the "regular" team is...  I actually could pay more attention to the racing.  So far.  Waiting out the rain delay now.
Sally

I couldn't agree more, Sally!  Matt and Chad did a great job!  Matt talks slow and doesn't feel the need to fill every single minute with jabbering like the other team.  It was a relief to have a calm broadcast for once!

I do have to admit to taping the race and not allowing enough time to get the end of it.  I set it to only tape until midnight (eastern time), not realizing that Nashville was in the central time zone.  So my tape cut off just as they were gettig ready to go back to green.   :cry:   I really would've like to have seen Leffler win.  He really the first Busch team without ties to a mega Cup team to win.  Oh well, I've set the Tivo to record the replay of the race later this week.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:45:23 PM »

Great broadcast when comparing to the other team.  It was a relaxed atmosphere while it was going and I enjoyed the way Matt and Chad handled themselves.  I actually got to watch the racing and although they were not always timely with replays and what was happening on the track, it was so refreshing.  I would like to see them do more.  It was better than the truck broadcast also.  Sometimes, although I think Phil Parsons tries really hard, they just seem to get too confused.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: