November 25, 2017, 12:47:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Complications  (Read 310 times)
sally
« on: July 15, 2006, 12:07:23 AM »

It appears it may take a bit longer for JPM to make it to Nascar than we thought.

Montoya Schedule? BUT: no word when Juan Pablo Montoya will run his first race [Watkins Glen? MIS? Calif] but been told he will run in a combined 22 events, scattered thruout Nextel Cup, Busch and ARCA.
BUT: McLaren boss Ron Dennis has made it very clear that Juan Pablo Montoya will not be able to drive a Dodge Nextel Cup car for Chip Ganassi until the end of his contract at the end of the year – unless a financial deal of some kind is made in the interim. There is a DaimlerChrysler link between the two camps, but that does not seem to have helped smooth the waters. “He is a contracted McLaren driver and it will stay that way until the end of his contract unless there is some other commercial arrangement between ourselves and the NASCAR team, or Juan himself,” Dennis said Friday at the French Grand Prix. He added that Montoya would not be allowed to test for Ganassi this year, and that the contract extended beyond the end of the racing season. “There is a conflict of sponsors, advertising campaigns and a whole raft or reasons why that is not a practical proposition.”(Speed Channel site)(7-14-2006)

ALSO: Patrick Carpentier was at NH today, and is pursuing a Busch series ride...and apparently is actively talking to...someone.

Elliott Sadler is rumored to be thinking of going to the #19 at Evernham, and Jeremy Mayfield to the Mikey machine.

Sillier and sillier.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:22:14 PM »

Theoretically, this means that Juan Pablo Montoya could miss the 2007 Daytona 500, and that wouldn't look good for anyone. :evil:

Then again, he could do what "my driver" did--petition NASCAR to enter the Budweiser Shootout as a special entry, and get licensed that way. :lol:   Didn't know that, didn't you?  That's because I didn't enter it on my web page, and I should have. :oops:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: