November 20, 2017, 10:03:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff Burton in for Lamar at New Hampshire  (Read 642 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 12, 2006, 01:12:04 PM »

From Jayski:

"UPDATE: Jeff Burton will drive the #77 Kevin Harvick Inc. car to replace Busch Series rookie Burney Lamar this weekend at New Hampshire. NASCAR's updated entry list has Burton in place of Lamar, who leads the Raybestos rookie standings by eight points over John Andretti. KHI representatives could not be reached for comment.(SceneDaily.com)(7-11-2006)
UPDATE: A source confirmed that the move is simply an evaluation and Lamar is scheduled to be back in the car next weekend in Martinsville.(BGNRacing.com)(7-11-2006)"

Jeesh!  Aren't there enough whackers already?  Now Harvick is taking the topic Busch rookie out of his car in place of a whacker?  How very sad...

How are these guys EVER gonna win a race if they're not allowed to compete?  Burney has been running very well all season (among the Busch regulars at least).  So why does his car need to be "evaluated?"  IMHO, it's just another way for Harvick's teammate to get more practice for NH.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 03:47:33 PM »

What does "simply an evaluation" mean?? Checking out the car for him?
I really do not understand this move. :?

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:31:09 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"

I am absolutely stumped, also.  Is KHI planning to fire Burney Lamar?  If so, why?  He has had a respectable season, is near the top of the rookie of the year standings, and has had no major problems on or off the track by most accounts.

Is he taking the fall for Gene Nead's problems?  (Nead was suspended for six races, but KHI is appealing.)  That's the only thing I can think of.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 06:35:52 PM »

$$$$$$$$$$$

JMO
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 04:26:36 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
$$$$$$$$$$$

I couldn't have said it better myself! :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 05:57:42 PM »

I guess I see it more of a case where they want Burton to get more practice on a track where he's won in the past.  I still think that is completely unfair to Lamar.  But then, as I said earlier this week, I'm extremely disappointed in Burton's attitude towards rookies in the Busch series.   Plus it appears Harvick feels about the same way if he's taking a kid out of a car who is leading the ROTY points.   Sad

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 09:52:32 PM »

Even tho Jeff Burton has always been a favorite of mine, this particular deal makes no sense to me. :roll:

William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 01:50:30 AM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"

It means bye bye Burney. How many times has this line of baloney been used and the driver being replaced never returns or only runs the non companion events.
  Rmember  at the end of the 2004 season KHI's truck team booted Matt Crafton after finishing the year 5th in points but no wins.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 04:13:06 PM »

Yeah, you are probably correct, Brian. I wonder why people have to talk in circles these days? Why can't one simply say what one means and not squirm around the truth? I hate for Jeff B to be involved in this crap. :cry:

William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: