December 15, 2017, 09:00:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martinsville BGN Race on NBC  (Read 1284 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: July 19, 2006, 12:50:27 PM »

Last night, I was setting my Tivo to record the Busch race this weekend and saw that it is on NBC.  Just wanted to let everyone else know.  Quite interesting that NBC can't show most of the Cup races right now, but can cover the Busch race.  

Yeah, we sure DO know where to find the races every week under this current TV contract, just like Brian France told us we would.   :?

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »

I simply have to check the listings, there seems to be no other way to know,... :?

BTW--I'm impressed that you can program so far ahead of time. :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 03:44:31 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
Last night, I was setting my Tivo to record the Busch race this weekend and saw that it is on NBC.  Just wanted to let everyone else know.  Quite interesting that NBC can't show most of the Cup races right now, but can cover the Busch race.

In fact, I understand that the original plan was to hold this week's Busch race on Saturday night, which would have made this the first night race in Martinsville Speedway history.  However, this plan was changed because NBC wanted to televise this race and apparently did not want to interrupt primetime shows.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 03:47:06 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
BTW--I'm impressed that you can program so far ahead of time. :-D

Lou calls me "the Audio-Visual Princess" though not for my ability to program ahead of time.   :lol:   But seriously, it's all the Tivo which has the "guide data" up to two weeks in advance.  Then I have a "wishlist" for NASCAR which is like a search engine on the internet.  It goes out and finds all upcoming programs for NASCAR.  You get the "results" like with Google and then scroll through them to see which ones you want to record and then click on it and that records it.  If you wanted EVERY single NASCAR race (and repeats), you can just set up what is called a Season Pass and it records them all.  I prefer to be more selective.  Anyway, that's how I saw that the Busch race was on NBC.  

I do have the USAR races on Season Pass as well as ARCA races to automatically record their first showings.  That's the only way I know when ARCA is on since SPEED never advertises them and I still can't get the ARCA web page to work for me.  

Cheryl "I love technology"   :-D
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:44:54 PM »

Shoot fire, Cheryl, I'm even more impressed that you can explain it so intelligently!!! :-D  My usual response on those rare occasions when I get the computer to do something correctly, is --How did you do that?--Idunno! :-D

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:08:17 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
In fact, I understand that the original plan was to hold this week's Busch race on Saturday night, which would have made this the first night race in Martinsville Speedway history.  

Actually the Modifieds or Late Models raced there at night last year, I believe.  However, I thought the Busch race was suppose to be at night too, so was surprised when I saw it listed for Saturday afternoon.

As to interfering with "primetime" on NBC, exactly what would they be giving up?  Summer reruns?  Fear Factor or some trash like that?   :?

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 07:58:05 PM »

I used to have Dish but now I have Directv.  I do not have Tivo, but have the ability on Direct just like I did on Dish to use my guide and pre program the shows and then I set my vcr accordingly and if I remember to change my tapes I am okay for a week.  I have auto tune and so I scroll ahead for a few days and just click when I find a show I want to watch and then set recorder.  I usually just go first to Speed and see what is there, then to TNT/NBC and check both of those out as I did Fox in the past.  I use list to check to check what I have auto tuned and then can edit if need be.  It will not let me set two programs at once.
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 02:26:53 AM »

Under the current contract NBC and FOX are required to show a minimum of 3 Busch Series races each on the big networks. In years past FOX would show 5 and NBC at least 4. Since this is the last year of the contract NBC is doing the bare minimum. They were originally scheduled to air the California Busch race in primetime as they did last year but since they don't want to interupt prime time programming and Califorina Speedway didn't want to sacrifice their primetime race NBC shifted the Martinsville BGN race to the network.

Under next years contract ABC is required to show a minimum of 4 Busch Series races on the big network.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 05:13:33 PM »

Quote from: "Benson23Fan"
Under next years contract ABC is required to show a minimum of 4 Busch Series races on the big network.

My guess is that the first of those will be the season-opening 300 mile race at Daytona on Feb. 17, 2007.  This is always the most prestigious Busch Series race of the season and normally either Fox or NBC has televised it the last six years; however, this year's race was shifted to TNT due to Winter Olympics coverage on NBC.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 05:48:43 PM »

My next guess would be the Talladega Busch series race. I also bet it will be swapped with the truck series race to October to match ABC televising the cup race. The truck race will be in May since the FOX network is required to televise two truck series races. That's just a guess though. As for the other FOX truck series race I'd say Atlanta maybe? Speed channel has said it will be televising the Daytona truck series race and it won't be on FOX as some rumors suggested.
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 07:49:35 PM »

Didn't DW and crew say something about having the Daytona 500 for the next 8 years?
Benson23Fan
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

Yes FOX has Daytona through Dover (12 races) on the FOX network. No more FX.  SPEED has the 125's and the All Star Race.

TNT has Pocono through what would be New Hampshire this season. (rumors are that part of the schedule will change next year).

ABC/ESPN have Pocono til the end of the season.

ABC/ESPN/ESPN 2 have the entire Busch series season.

SPEED/FOX have the entire truck series season with FOX televising a minimum of 2 truck races on the network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: