December 15, 2017, 09:24:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ratings still Slumping  (Read 946 times)
sally
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:55:08 PM »

Final ratings for MIS and Sears Point were both down from last year...Sears Point down 10%.

Sal
sally
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:23:04 PM »

The 'excitement' continues.

Final Nielsen Media Research numbers show that Fox's broadcast of last Saturday night's Pepsi 400 NASCAR Nextel Cup race at Daytona International Speedway earned a 5.1 rating and an 11 market share, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness Daily reports.

The rating was 7.3 percent lower than the 5.5/13 NBC recorded when it aired the race last year

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 10:23:28 PM »

I am not surprised they are down.  I know a lot of us just are not watching anymore.  And with Victory Lane, one can get all the pertinent info they want without having to listen to DW & his bs

Then there is Wind Tunnel and worse comes to worse, one can tape and then ff and mute better.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »

That sound you hear are the casual fans leaving for "the next big thing."

Maybe they're all secretly waiting for Talladega Nights.  They think that Ricky Bobby is what a NASCAR driver should be. Tongue

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:48:18 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
That sound you hear are the casual fans leaving for "the next big thing."

I think Vivian is saying the sound you hear are the hardcore fans losing interest in "the show."   :cry:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 06:46:19 PM »

Yes, I am losing interest in the 'show'.  And I just don't like follow the leader racing.  At these 1.5 mile tracks, that is the way it goes.  I do think that TNT did show more in pack racing which made it more tolerable to watch a leader with a big lead.  To me it was not about racing yesterday, but everything that happened in the pits and to the car.  IMO, there should be some racing included in the equation and until there is, viewer ratings will be down because true fans will slowly go elsewhere and to other series.  Like modifieds, motorcyles, sprint, monster trucks, etc...

Of course, Nascar expects the ratings to go up when Montoya enters the arena next year along with all the Toyota fans, although they may be fleeting fans.

As far as the Ricky Bobby thing, I got so tired of those commercials from Nextel that I personally will not watch that movie or ever buy a Nextel phone or use their service.  I have this integrity thing and I don't like it to be questioned.
sally
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 06:57:33 PM »

I have to wonder about the thought process involved in allying onesself so closely to a movie that highlights all the cliches about stock car racing that Nascar has been supposedly trying to move away from.   I guess you have to be very desperate for a 'Hollywood" connection to do that.  Or plan on making lots of money from it.

sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: